Bad news for Ford race fans - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Full Race Tech > Race Talk

Race Talk Tech and Non Tech Discussion

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:35 PM

coupe3w Driving a Ford
Default Bad news for Ford race fans

http://www.dragracingonline.com/burksblast/xv_7-3.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 PM

gasser196 First On Race Day

I also read that. Losing the Cobra Jet program sucks but face it the Pro Stock deal is a failure. The Nitro teams (Force and Tasca) are Ford in name and money only. There's nothing Ford about them.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:48 PM

BBFmavrick Bleeding Blue

I agree 100%. For one thing ESPN is ruining Drag racing for the few that watch. Never start at scheduled times,when they do they cut out for stupid stuff such as softball or tennis or golf. I don't understand Ford in there thinking anyway.Who in there right mind would go to a Ford dealer on Monday and buy because they seen a Nitro funny car win on sunday w/a Ford Blue oval decal on it. Show the public some CJ Mustangs and CoPo Camaro's racing each other w/wheels high in the air and I will show you some guy's beating a path to the dealer to buy a similar car to play with.

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 AM

Fairlanes4ever First On Race Day
Garage

Problem with broadcasting sportsman class racing like stock/super stock is most people how don't race don't understand index or class racing. No person unfamiliar with drag racing flipping thur the channels will want to watch throttle stop racing. I'm surprised Ford has stayed in as long as it has. The success Ford has had in the Cobra Jet program is due to the fact they built the cars specifically to NHRA rules. Many of NHRA rules tend to eliminate Fords from competition. My car is a good example.'63 Fairlane with a BBF. Most any class I would like to race in specifies "no cutting of shock towers to install engine" which pretty much limits me to the super classes. No thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Can't nuthin out run my V8 Ford"- Chuck Berry

Last edited by Fairlanes4ever; 07-28-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:55 AM

BBFmavrick Bleeding Blue

That problem would be simple to fix.At the beginning of the broadcast ,they could explain the race class to the viewer and what they are trying to accomplish. I think the viewer would enjoy watching some class racers thrashing in the pits. They would understand that more than a TF crew tearing a engine apart and putting it back together in 10 minutes.

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Fairlanes4ever First On Race Day
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFmavrick View Post
That problem would be simple to fix.At the beginning of the broadcast ,they could explain the race class to the viewer and what they are trying to accomplish. I think the viewer would enjoy watching some class racers thrashing in the pits. They would understand that more than a TF crew tearing a engine apart and putting it back together in 10 minutes.
That would be nice if it worked that way but we both know TV drag racing is a dog and pony show not racing. Watch the old diamond p videos on YouTube. Racers were there to race not mention sponsors constantly or model for magazines. Sportsman racing doesn't have the polished drama of the TV racers and unfortunately that's what the public wants. While people like you and I would love it the general public are addicted to the drama.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Can't nuthin out run my V8 Ford"- Chuck Berry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.