77 F350 xtended 4x4 build - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM

rowdy j First On Race Day
Default 77 F350 xtended 4x4 build

hey guys.
i figured i would start documenting my setup here and ask for ideas.
its an extended cab short bed. (i love these things)...

i have a d3 running engine in the truck. solid, stock bottom end. i am building an everyday work/camping truck. needs to pull my 68 jeep around. =)

i just put my d0ve c heads in the machine shop yesterday. i am going to clean up the intake and port out the exhaust.

i have a performer coming in the mail shortly.

comp cams extreme 4x4 X4262H will give it life. the cam is rated for heavy tow on stock converter.

i am also putting the new street demon 750 spread bore on it. i want it running on the small primaries until we need, then it had better smoke em down. =)

1" phenolic 4 hole will be ported to match the carb (and goggle valve) then rounded on all 4 (3) holes for smoother flow.
i am going to buy one of scotties dizzies.

its sitting on 38's, but i have a set of 40's that will be going back on it when i purchase the 4th tire (the guy had a blow out, threw the 38's on, then sold to me).
i dont know the ratio yet, i will pull the cover here shortly and check it all out, then hit it with a gear calc for correct ratio-stock.

stock divorced transfer case. several inches of lift. it comes to the bottom of my nose and i am 6'2".

dana 60's front and back.

i am thinking of notching the performer intake right at the spot where the rear barrel is like the performer RPM airgap. a little notch in there to help when i put it down..nothing big, just a lil help below that big goggle valve.

i bought a edelbrock double roller that i might save for my high performance build. i will need to get my other chain and make sure its strait up, then put it on it.

it should run great...after i jet the carb for this 4000 feet.
the torque should be REALLY snappy with that spread bore vacuum secondary....like the old quadrajets. atleast itll be loud like they were..=)
i LOVE that sound..=)

more to come.

Last edited by rowdy j; 07-18-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 12:50 AM

rowdy j First On Race Day

woot! jegs delievered.
carb, cam, lifters, lube..
all kinds of goodies.

when i get the heads out of the shop, i will get some seals and get the mallory recurved. gasket port and get all that squared away.
then it should be bolt everything together.
i taught my wife to gasket match the other day, and she loved it.

depending on what we can learn from scotties site, she might become the mad porterESS..lol.
maybe i will let her port my d3's for practice..=) put em on the 429 ranger or whatever..

i am going to have to tune this new carb for 4000 feet. yay.. =\
im not a carb guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.