My 460 Torino conversion - Page 7 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:26 PM

ag460torino Bleeding Blue
Default video

I asked how to post the video on here because it wouldn't work through the picture part. I got no replies. So I said to go to my facebook pages. august Giovanni, or, auggie Giovanni. Ohio obviously. My pages have the torino as my face pic. If its a young un with his GF then those are my son. Will get another video after I get it off the rack and tuned better.

Will post more pics later of under side of car and again...... If anyone can tell me how to post a video to here I would appreciate it. Even If I have to send it to your e-mail and you can post it..... had a guy post pics for me before I figured that part out, lol...... But if you cant find my Fb page, PM your email and I will send it to you.....

Back to the rack.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF
Send a message via Yahoo to bigblok86ranger

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4729110405122

Right click on video, left click copy link, then open reply window on forum, in text area right click, then left click paste.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

http://www.trickchassis.com/

"LOL, WE DONT RACE DYNOS" Quoted for the truth!

Last edited by bigblok86ranger; 09-19-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:10 PM

68montego First On Race Day

It was real easy to find you on fb. I saw the video sounds sweet. I bet right turns will be alittle bit easier now with the carbs on top there. Once again awesome car. I love it and wish it was my own lol. Glad that your getting everything done and its working out for you. Cant wait to see what you run..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 PM

White Lightning First On Race Day

Thanks for the link Eric. Auggie, that sounds awsome! And yeah, I'm envious too lolol.
Rob
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 PM

Mustang-Junky First On Race Day

Badass for sure. Looks wicked.

Jess
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 PM

tried to copy and paste..... but it posted the link but wouldn't connect when I tried it for myself..... That's ok... will keep posting pics and some more vids one way or the other////

Thanks Guys and I got some under side pics to post later.....

Have a good one!

up on the rack

car under cover is my 68 GTO soft top...... got a pit in my garage too.... but it's under the GTO, lol... not much use...

just the turn down/out pipes/// wiring the pyros in morning

Last edited by ag460torino; 09-19-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM

Default tried again...

I tried again and it doesn't even show the "paste" darkened for me to click it. That's ok. I will be making another one soon. I got the idle leaned out and am going to set the timing and reset valve lash. I also want to lean out the WOT from a 116 pill to something close to a 200 pill. I had a few setbacks again but what else is new, lol.....

Glad it rained almost all day here.... made me feel better since I wasn't ready to run this weekend.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!

Later, Auggie

Last edited by ag460torino; 09-22-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:20 AM

Default first start up AUDIO

got it to play the sound but not the pic! How goofy is that, lol

If I happen to have my facebook open you can just go to my stuff and click on the original one and it plays right.

Last edited by ag460torino; 09-22-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF

The link works fine for me that you posted, one thing I have noticed is when I share a link from Facebook I have to close my facebook to check that the link works as it should, or for some reason it won't work.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 09-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Default thanks

thanks for the tip. I will try that next time. Hopefully SOOOOON!!!!!

Thanks again and have a good one!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 AM

Default ran into water pump problems

Ran into WP problems Sunday night. I got it pulled and ran to Summit.... no box, papers, etc..... Had receipt. They gave me a new one without blinking. I really LOVE their return policy! Got it back on. Remounted the fuel pump and aligned belt. Let everything set up all day while working on electrical inside car today and finishing mounting O2 sensor in turndown pipe. Also got nos tank bracket mounted down. Want to put an extra heat shield by exhaust tip by braided fuel lines to keep some heat off of lines.

When I was working with the carbs, WAY BACK WHEN, lol.... I was entertaining the thought of incorporating a CO2 throttle with my trans brake to keep from hammering the engine when staging with trans brake on. They say you can't have more than, I believe but don't quote me on this, 40 lbs pull on the throttle cable and I had to push my pedal with both feet or so it felt like. But last night I was thinking that since I was running the CO2 tank for the purge effects that I could easily add the CO2 throttle. I won't be doing that this week BUT.... probably over the winter. I like the idea of holding the pedal on the floor with trans brake on and, even though I like the sound, not banging the s**t out of the engine.

Just another thought I had that would put the dummy nos tank to good use, lol.

Later today I will be back inside working on some electronics and getting it all cleaned out..... AGAIN......

Then check that phasing deal and adjusting the valves again.....

Talk to you all later.............................
Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 PM

butterbean First On Race Day
Default strip

ok Auggie, are we going to the track this weekend? well I hope so and we all wanna see a 10.sec pass outta that flyin red machine, anyway I hope you get enough shake down passes to get it tuned good, was it all good before you started the engine project? like trans, converter, gear and tires? what did it run before you started the build? good luck and lemme know Dude!!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 PM

Default Last Weekend!!!!

The weather here is looking good for Saturday/Sunday.... and this is last weekend for our local track. I have been buttoning things up left and right to make it. As it stands... I'm going to cut hood to fit tomorrow and wash car down and clean out trailer. Then I'm going back to working on it. I opened up a dist cap so I can try phasing the dizzy. I hooked up the "timing adjust box" along side of the "timing boost box"/ I am using the adjust box right now. I also have to adjust the timing and valve lash. I keep getting coolant leaks so I am going to pressurize it in the morning and try and find and seal any leaks. I ran it today with pressure gauge on it and it went up to about 15 lbs at close to 200 degrees. I have a new overflow tank to install tomorrow too.

As for rest of car. Everything I have done since I got it was to make it stronger/better in some way. The weak link, in my opinion, will be the P/G. It's had "stuff" done to it and has a pro-tree trans brake in it. B&M Pro Bandit Shifter w/electric shift solenoid controlled with electronic rpm switch box. Line lock on front brakes. I just installed a new torque converter at beginning of summer, (4,500 stall), that was the recommendation from Competition Converters. Besides what you know about engine and P/G, torque converter and RW flex plate. I just had a heavy duty driveshaft made for it when I did converter. The chassis shop cut out all the 4 link brackets and went heavier and boxed. coil overs on rear. Upper tube a-arms on front. Then they put it on the scales and set it up to launch right. Weight ratio was 51.2% front and 48.8% on rear. Car weighs 3,400 lbs with me (200 lbs) in it. I went with Wilwood discs on all 4 corners, 9"ford rear with Richmond 4:86 gears. Strange spool and Strange axles. Had a problem where I sheered all the studs on left because they were not big enough. Strange told me I had their strongest axles, if I wanted they could drill them for bigger studs. I told them no, send me a new set and I would hang onto the others for spares. 15x15x33 MT slicks. New this year. I have another new set also as back ups. You have seen the chassis.... full tube with double dragster roll cages. Had two junkyard cloth seats, removed and installed one Kirkley alum. Obviously new belts and window net.

Like I said... this whole conversion started because car sounded great, smoked tires great, but launched like a dog. Best time was a fluke of 12sec flat. That was on about 5th pass the car ever made. Then I got stuck in a rut of high 13's. Had a lot of carb problems, etc.... All the good guys out here at local track have been helpful and understanding.... gotta work out the bugs on a car never run before. But they ALL feel the car is good for under 10's. I'M the one that wants tens. And their consensus is the same as on here. They felt cam was big issue. They have been asking where I have been. Well...... they will see me Saturday. Even if car isn't completely ready I am going to take it out, hang out at the track with my friends, work with it, cook out and have a few suds and hopefully get some T&T passes in!!!!

Was thinking... With this all being SOOO much different, I wonder if I should put the wheelie bars back on. Or at least take them along "just in case", lol. WOULD LOVE TO PULL A 2-3 FOOT WHEELIE WITH A 9 SEC PASS AND GET KICKED OFF TRACK!!!!!!!!! Just ONCE I would like to be told to slow it down or load it up! hahaha

Will let you all know how it goes...... good OR bad! Then I have all winter to pull it and freshen it up, maybe small stroke job..... who knows.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!!

Auggie
Old 09-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck Auggie have fun and be careful!

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 09-28-2013, 07:46 AM

White Lightning First On Race Day

Oh I am SO waiting for the pics and vids! lol
Rob
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.