460 swap in fox - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > General Tech

General Tech A place to discuss general tech regarding chassis, transmission, tires, suspension, non-460, etc

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:39 PM

Boucher051475 First On Race Day
Default 460 swap in fox

Hi I am doing a 460 swap in a 86 fox mustang need some info on what springs to use in front maybe coil overs what to use for a tranny I have a c6 any upgrades I should to do to the 8.8 rear end I have 355 gears In it I would like to keep power brakes and power steering if possible do I need to use k member spacers and any info on using them. What to use for a hood . Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 07:13 AM

zephyrbob Driving a Ford

I needed the spacers to clear the twin disc brake booster. starting fresh I would have used a c4 instead. more room fro servicing the trans, shifter, exhaust etc. I have a manual rack. getting the u joint in just the right place to clear the header took a couple of tries. good luck.
.... lots of info on this forum. most of it good, some incorrect, some of it flat out lies. bobn
Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 AM

Mark G First On Race Day

My build is a 93 Mustang hatch. I have a 74 460/C6 from an F250. I used the stock K-Member, stock dual hump trans crossmember, stock power brake booster and master cylinder and D&D motor mounts and D&D 2" full tube headers. My oil pan is a FMS A460 conversion unit. I am also using a Flaming River manual rack and a Competition Engineering steering column. Currently, the front springs are the stock V8 but I have the option of UPR coilovers (140#) or Eibach drag launch springs. I did not need K-Member spacers but I also have a 5" cowl hood. This will be a bracket racer that I will upgrade as time and funds become available. I do not have power steering but there is plenty of room up front. My rear is the stock 8.8 with 3.55 gears. I cut down the driveshaft and had the slip yoke from the truck welded onto the stock driveshaft. It was the same diameter. The car is not quite finished but it is getting close. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF
Send a message via Yahoo to bigblok86ranger

Literally hundreds of these swaps have been done and probably no two are the same, so a lot of ways to get it in there. Share some more specs of your build and perhaps we can be of more assistance.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

http://www.trickchassis.com/

"LOL, WE DONT RACE DYNOS" Quoted for the truth!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:14 PM

toytroy First On Race Day

C6 is fully serviceable in the car. All that needs to be done is a few access holes cut in the tunnel. I run manual brakes my self with 4 wheel disc brakes. Im not much for using spaces myself but it can be done to clear a small booster. Im sure with a low profile intake manifold like to edelbrock torquer 2 and spacers, youd have no problem clearing the stock hood.

Like bigblok said, hundreds have been done and more specs are needed especially when it comes to spring rate recommendations. I am using 4cyl springs at this time in my car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.