69 fastback 552 Prostreet - Page 7 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:19 PM

blu69machI First On Race Day
Garage
Default transmission is install

Trans and converter all installed. Ordered a bunch of junk to keep this thing going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 02:24 PM

1972Mach1 First On Race Day

Nice! Little by little, little by little. The last bits take the most time, but it's the most fun

Lucas
Old 11-18-2013, 03:34 PM

Gydyup First On Race Day

What mounts and headers are your running on that?

I had the Gen I on mine, and the eng was so high I took em off, got a set of mounts and ceramic headers if anyone needs em.

I also had those Canton Valve Covers, they take up a lot of real estate.

Can you put a K&N Drop filter there, a little smaller filter, then run the Boss or take a boss and add to it. Its just fiberglass, that would be piece of cake to extend the boss scoop a few inches.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 PM

Garage

I am not sure what gen they came with car the paper says 2 1/8 size . I know it sits the engine forward a bit I think. What headers you selling? I may be interested in replacing the ones I have for a newer set. The ones I have seem to sit low

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by blu69machI; 11-18-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:09 AM

ag460torino Bleeding Blue
Default SWEEEEET!!!!

Just read through your whole post and first off...... DAM* SWEET RIDE!!!!! Beautiful from the color to the detail!!! You definitely got a beauty on your hands!!!! Will keep watching to see how it all comes together.

I saw you went the E85 way.... I had to get my engine and blower to cool down A LOT quicker... and even more so, not to heat up in the first place. I was told to go that route but there is very limited access to that. So I opted for full alcohol through my Enderle injection. I ran 110-112 this summer and when I switched to the 8-71 Hampton with Teflon stripping my temps got out of control as well as my blower boost... PEGGED THE GAUGE AT 25 PSI.... should have scattered something but I think a weak trans saved me.

Anyways...... LOVE YOUR RIDE!!!! Good luck with it and keep posting!!!!

Later, Auggie
Old 11-19-2013, 06:01 AM

ProStreetFairlane Driving a Ford
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu69machI View Post
I'm really up in the air on this one. I wanted to do the big boss scoop but it won't work. I was thinking about this one http://www.up22.com/scoopw2.htm
The AC952 but I'm thinking that might not work either. Maybe a cowl that goes up to about have the breather height and cut a hole through it. I gave up thinking more about this subject until it's ready to hit the road. The cowl idea is the last option I think. I wanted to avoid the whole prostock but that might be my only option. I like the prostock scoops but just not sure yet. decisions decisions.
Put a Boss 429 scoop on top of a cowl.
Street driven 573 BBF, 4.605 bore A460 block, ported TFS Street heads, JE pistons, 6.8 Eagle rods, 4.3 SCAT crank, Bullet cam, ATI C6, 3.5" X pipe and Dynomax Ultra Flows...thanx Charlie/Lem & Jet Boat Bob!
http://www.jetboatbob.com/
http://bfevansraceparts.com/
Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 AM

Gydyup First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu69machI View Post
I am not sure what gen they came with car the paper says 2 1/8 size . I know it sits the engine forward a bit I think. What headers you selling? I may be interested in replacing the ones I have for a newer set. The ones I have seem to sit low

Mine were Gen I, they sit the eng up higher, and forward, but its basically the same set up Ford used to put the Boss into the Mustangs. When I put them in mine, I had to modify the trans cross member to allow the tranny to come forward an inch or so. The Gen II and the kit that I have on mine lowers the eng significantly and puts it back in the same location as my small block was.

PM an email address and I can send you pics of what they looked like in my car. But even with the GEN Is you should be able to use the Boss Scoop with a different filter, like is noted, its the same location as the orig Boss.

ACtually just go look at my Project 532 Gydyup thread http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152085 the first page has a lot of pics of the car with the GEN I kit and headers. You can scroll through that and see the later installed kit I have now, I put and MPG in it, but the guy was a pain in the *** and I had to signficantly modify the headers to make em work. I wouldnt recommend them.

Last edited by Gydyup; 11-19-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:18 AM

Garage

Gydyup, I checked out your build, nice work! Well, after looking at the first page with the headers, mine are not Gen I headers. I think I will stick with my set until I'm ready to change to the front end in a couple of years.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:21 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetFairlane View Post
Put a Boss 429 scoop on top of a cowl.
I just saw your post! I'm going to look into this idea, thanks
Old 11-19-2013, 08:26 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag460torino View Post
Just read through your whole post and first off...... DAM* SWEET RIDE!!!!! Beautiful from the color to the detail!!! You definitely got a beauty on your hands!!!! Will keep watching to see how it all comes together.

I saw you went the E85 way.... I had to get my engine and blower to cool down A LOT quicker... and even more so, not to heat up in the first place. I was told to go that route but there is very limited access to that. So I opted for full alcohol through my Enderle injection. I ran 110-112 this summer and when I switched to the 8-71 Hampton with Teflon stripping my temps got out of control as well as my blower boost... PEGGED THE GAUGE AT 25 PSI.... should have scattered something but I think a weak trans saved me.

Anyways...... LOVE YOUR RIDE!!!! Good luck with it and keep posting!!!!

Later, Auggie
Thanks Auggie man! I found a company a few miles down the road that will sell me 55 gallons of E98 for 209 a drum (Sapp Brothers) , delivered to the house for 6 bucks. So I think I'm going to go this route and use the local E85 to cut it down to where I want it. By the way you have a beautiful ride man.

Last edited by blu69machI; 11-19-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 AM

butterbean First On Race Day
Default E-85

you always cut the ethanol with 87 unleaded never leaded fuel like race gas thats a no no, I will check with my people today and find out the raitos on making your E-98 to E-85.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:39 AM

Garage
Default Ethanol question

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean View Post
you always cut the ethanol with 87 unleaded never leaded fuel like race gas thats a no no, I will check with my people today and find out the raitos on making your E-98 to E-85.
Thanks Butterbean, so if I have 14.1 compression what do you think would be a good spot? Correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that E98 is equivalent to 117-120 octane and E85 105-107? Tell me if this makes sense or not. So based on that info I was thinking about trying to cut it down to to about E90-E95. I've read guys running E85 in 16.1 compression engines and I'm trying to make sense of how can a an engine with that high of compression run a fuel that is equivalent to about 105 octane. This is a serious question that I've been trying to understand. when someone asks me how can a 16.1 compression engine run successfully on E-85, I always end up quoting Joe Dirt's Dad, "How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does." I hope I can be enlightened on the subject
Old 11-19-2013, 01:21 PM

68montego First On Race Day

Hahahah nice. Whys boobs good? How's a rainbow made? Good quote!

Old 11-19-2013, 03:58 PM

butterbean First On Race Day
Default E-85

E-85 is completly saft to 15.1 after that its iffy, I called my guy that lives in PA and he needs to know on the E-98 what is the other 2%? what I need is for you to text me a picture of the fuel lable. PM sent
Old 11-19-2013, 06:49 PM

Garage

Thanks Butterbean I will get that to you as soon as I get the barrel!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.