camshaft balancing - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Jon Kaase Racing Engines

Jon Kaase Racing Engines Jon Kaase is considered one of the best minds in the world of Big Block Fords and has created many parts to help enthusiasts with their 460 based projects. Gentlemen start your questions…
Photobucket

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:38 PM

spoiler Driving a Ford
Default camshaft balancing

jon do you ever check camshafts to see if it is balanced?im building a boss 9,and my engine builder checked the cam,a comp solid roller from you,it was way out of balance called comp cams they acted like they dont even check it.so just so happened david vizard was the machine shop and we was talking about it,he was amazed that this was not checked,anyway he is sending us a kit to balance the cam,he said all nascar cams are balanced as anything he builds,not trying to say yall sold me a bad cam or anything,just curious if this is anything to worry about,hope to get my boss going soon to run in the nmra races coming up!!
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 09:43 AM

Flatrod First On Race Day

A kit? I got into this with Mod motors, thought it sounded stupid, to close to center to do anything. So I spin up a mod cam and wow! It was out 58 grams on one end and 56 on the other. I didn't see a way to balance it, but know it is done. I would be interested in what a kit is. Its apparently done for cam harmonics and give a much more stabile valve train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 10:15 AM

White Lightning First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrod View Post
A kit? I got into this with Mod motors, thought it sounded stupid, to close to center to do anything. So I spin up a mod cam and wow! It was out 58 grams on one end and 56 on the other. I didn't see a way to balance it, but know it is done. I would be interested in what a kit is. Its apparently done for cam harmonics and give a much more stabile valve train.
That makes sense.
Rob
Old 04-13-2014, 03:47 PM

spoiler Driving a Ford
Default cam balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrod View Post
well you can call terry walters at 540-744-8605 he is doing my machine work they are top notch crew,that is were i met david vizard they are working on some 572 chevy junk,so they would be glad to help you out,they got 800hp out of a 620hp chevy crate motor i think vizard is helping them with this project,when i bought my eliminator block it was supposed to have been line bored at roush well they left a shaving under #3 main cap when they line bored it-billet caps i paid extra for,terry found roush's screw up and saved me thousands well i had to eat that eliminator,kaase who i bought the block from pretty much said i was on my own that they would look in to it but wtf. if you never heard of david vizard he has wrote many books on building horsepower he is one of the best engine builders in the world,like kaase,and walters
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.