Jed's 1967 fastback - Page 2 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:26 PM

Inbred-jed First On Race Day

paint is done!!! yay!! the color is sterling gray metallic its a newer ford color and very sharp no matter what vehicle its on... Any questions about the build feel free to ask...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 01:33 AM

A70Maverick Driving a Ford

Holy SH**!!! That is sweet. Great work. And if the motor came from Lem and the guys.... Well it's gonna fly too
Old 04-14-2014, 08:25 AM

butterbean First On Race Day

very, very nice work man that car looks good, how big are the tires? I have a 68 coupe that I'm going to do the same way, I'm thinking 10.5x29.5x15's on it with the wheel openings the same way, thanks for the pics and keep them coming
Old 04-14-2014, 08:51 AM

Thanks..I'll post more pics of the progress after I get off work later...these cars suck for tires...that tire you see on the driver side is actually too big I was experimenting. It's a 29.5x11.5W hoosier..too tall...with just rolling the lips and keeping the existing opening shape your gonna be hard pressed to get anything larger than a true 30 inches. Which suck cuz I can get a 13.5 inch tire under now but it's a snug 30.2 inches tall...and the next size down is a 29x12 hoosier...at 29.3 inches and a true 12 inches wide. If your not afraid to get a little more creative and don't mind a little butchering you could get a little over 30 I believe but it's the tire expansion you gotta worry about.. I have 29x12 hoosier under the car it looks good tucked you'll see in tonight's pics.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 AM

Gydyup First On Race Day

Awesome, I always wondered where you went. I loved the car in blue, now it is really BA.
Gydup -67 Coupe, 521 Kaase P51 Comp Solid Roller . Jerico DR4, narrowed & mini tubbed 9 inch with 4:56 spool , Mark Williams Axles on CALTRACS, Shaved towers.
Grabbing gears for 38 years.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:23 PM

Israel First On Race Day

Very nice
Old 04-14-2014, 03:44 PM

Lem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue Path
Thumbs up

It's a home run!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM

So while all this fabrication and building is going on im thinking...how can i make this car kick even more ***. I need a good engine...something reliable...a good bracket engine...decently low maintenance. I mean i am practical...i realize that as horsepower increases so does maintenance and reliability can go out the window. So i set a goal...i wanted something in the 800 horsepower range...something that wasnt gonna cost 30 grand to build...something from Kentucky? I heard about these guys and how they could make make BBFs flat out fly. So i got in touch with Lem...told him my goals for the build...and went through every aspect of the build process. I liked his plan very methodical didnt have me spending money on things i didnt need and have me over building for my goals which i appreciated greatly. My part was easy i just kept sending checks lol.... after it was all said and done this is what Lem and Philip Oakley put together for me. A P-51 headed 557ci firebreathing dragon I was a little disappointed... i told Lem i needed 800 horsepower for my money...No No...these guys instead have the balls and the odacity to not listen to one word i said and made me 900 horsepower!!!!! Cant thank these guys enough....

Old 04-14-2014, 07:51 PM

By this point i got the engine in and just starting some of the fuel system plumbing and trying to workout a radiator and fan combination. Finally ended up going with a 79 mustang aluminum rad and flexalite dual pusher fans...looks fantastic as youll see in later pics.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:17 AM

Gydyup First On Race Day

PM'd you on some engine questions.

Thanks ,
Gydup -67 Coupe, 521 Kaase P51 Comp Solid Roller . Jerico DR4, narrowed & mini tubbed 9 inch with 4:56 spool , Mark Williams Axles on CALTRACS, Shaved towers.
Grabbing gears for 38 years.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:03 PM

Here is the car while i was finishing up the plumbing and working on a radiator and fan combo....no windows or door handles or other chrome yet...The car was filthy but youd never know it

Old 04-15-2014, 07:10 PM

windsor Driving a Ford

Wow!

Sweet numbers on the motor, and at a nice 6500 rpm!

You build some really nice cars.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 PM

Here is the wiring harness in the car...I went to Racewire Solutions ..Brian Black...awesome system...everything is fused and relayed...Plug and play...He gives you a system cd which contains specific diagrams for your system. Every system is different...very slick setup...Never in a million years could i have thought i could wire this car myself but i did....The car is also equipped with The Grid MSD ignition...awesome setup

Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 PM

Thanks windsor...
Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 PM

some shots of inside the trunk while i was plumbing it up...the trunk floor is a sheet of bead rolled aluminum...5 gallon polished aluminum tank and an aeromotive A2000 pump with a prefilter...all plumbing is done in black nylon braid with Earls ano tuff black ends...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.