1994 Ford truggy (rock crawler / off road type rig - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Classifieds > The Auction Block

The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 PM

skipped_link Driving a Ford
Default 1994 Ford truggy (rock crawler / off road type rig

Figured I had this posted on most other forums that I frequent, might as well put it up here too, maybe one of you guys know some one looking for a good wheeling rig.

1994 Ford F-250, (I'm pretty sure that's what year it is, never looked at the title after I bought it) but I do have a clean title.

Started as a 3/4 ton, regular cab, long bed, the frame was cut off about 18" behind the cab, then tube work was added.

Rear suspension is a 1/4 elliptical / 4-link setup, upper links are 1.5" .120 wall with 3/4" rod ends, Lowers are 2" .250" wall with 1" rod ends,

Rear diff is a sterling 10.25" with welded spiders, & 4.10:1 R&P

Front, The TTB was tossed in favor of a 4.10:1 "fuzzy locker" HP king pin D-60 out of an 87 F-350, (stock shafts, joints, & hubs)

The suspension started with stock springs & a shackle reversal, which got us 4" of lift, but recently it has been switched to 1/2 ton rear leaves up front, with these springs, & the shackles moved back up front, it pushed the diff forward about 3.5" (no hacking on the cab to fit 47s with very little lift.) shock mounts were relocated & 14" travel rancho RS5000 were installed,

Steering is full hydro with a surplus center 2.5" x 8" double ended ram, 1.5" .120" wall tierods, & 3/4" rod ends, Performance off road systems steering valve approx 4 turns lock to lock. stock, unmodified pump (still whines just like new )

Tires are 47" Swamper LTB, on 15" eaton/DYI beadlocks, I think they are only around 3" BS, no grinding was needed on the calipers to get them on the truck. Tires are probably 80%, they have a few cracks but seem to work very well.

The rest of the drive train includes, EFI 5.8L (351w), newer thermostat, radiator, & fan clutch, (the cooling issue turned out to be the thermostat, but that was the last thing we looked at, lol it'll run all day now) C-6 3spd auto, 2.7:1 Klune with cable shifter, hooked to a 2.86:1 borge warner 1356 with the slip yoke eliminator. (1330 U-joints throughout)

Body, the front fenders have been trimmed to clear the 47s & are in pretty good shape, there is a little body damage on the passenger side B-pillar (top side of the door jam) but it's not to bad. I have doors, they are a little rough, but very functional & complete.

Sliders are 1.75 .120 wall tube, they are a little light & show some pretty good wear, but they keep doing their job.

Roll cage is a standard hoop, spreader bar with bars going in to the center of the cab & door bars, all tied to the cab with 6"x6"x.125" floor plates, they are not tied to the frame, but have been stubbed below the floor boards so it could easily be done. The rear bars go out the rear window to the rear tube work, everything but the spanner bar & center bars is 1.75" .135 wall roll bar tubing.

Seats are RCI plastic seats with padded covers, mounted on the stock mount & track so they are adjustable, both seats have 5 pt harnesses with cam lock buckles (1/4 turn knob to release)

Winch is a smitty built XRC8 (8000 lb)

Newer skid plate, under t-case & Klune doubler box
New windshield installed 10-15-10
On board air installed using the A/C compressor with a couple gallon tank under the hood,
Also just got done with a fresh scuff & shoot paint job,

The only issues I know of on this truck are the whinning PS pump, I have a new one but refuse to install it til this one dies, I will through the new one on the front seat if the truck sells,

2 tires go low if it sets around a while, I air the tires up to about 10 psi every few weeks.

The other issue is the trans leaks, some times, lol.

It will sit for weeks & not leak a drop, then I'll move the truck & it will drip out a 1/2 quart in a few days time, I pulled the trans & replaced the pump/converter seal, since it looked like thats where it was coming from. but it still does it from time to time. other than that the trans works fine.

If I think of anything else I'll add it later, if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm asking $8000 & it is located in northern Nevada

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Not many rock crawlers on here eh?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 AM

cletus66 Driving a Ford

No, but that is bad @$$ !!! I just got a subscription to 4 Wheel and Off Road magazine. More ideas on how to spend money.

Good luck sellin' your truck.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 AM

Thanks,

There are a few forums out there you can check out aswell if you really want the bug.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM

Bumping it one more time.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:47 PM

norm Driving a Ford

leroy,
have you listed it on here yet?

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm View Post
leroy,
have you listed it on here yet?

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php?
No I have not, I'm not an active member over there, & I don't want to be a troll & sign up just to try to sell something, lol,
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.