460 Ford Forum banner

2000 Ford Ranger Build

110K views 430 replies 35 participants last post by  penak 
#1 ·
Building it for the strip not the for the streets putting a mild 460 built mostly off here with used and new parts.The trans c6 the stall still in ? until I get the truck finish and wieght of it.Putting a 12 point roll cage from Applied Racing Technology (A.R.T.) out of Clearwater FL. Goig with a 9in. ford rear with 4 link gears still in ?Going to be moveing the engine back alittle to help with the wieght tranfer and going with motor plates. I know for the mild 460 it is a little over kill, but if go with more cubes and hp later on I want the truck to hadle it with out changing everything.Heres some pics of the truck and when I got the old motor out and dash out of it.

See less See more
#53 ·
alum sheet matel is the easy part I get it from work I can brake it at work my buddy has a bead roller was thinking .030 for the floor for wieght but i think .050 will hold up alittle better but it is almost twice as heavy but with all the wieght loss on it I don't think a extra 15# will hurt.

#56 ·
Just got alittle update on the build got the skins hung and tailgate on got to do some more bracing then I will post up some pics maybe a little later this week I will finish the back boy it harder to get over the flu the older you get.

#58 ·
.Heres some pics I'm not finished but thats I am going to do until I get the 4 link and rearend under it I still have to do some drilling holer to bolt it to the frame. I will be addins a couple more down the sides but don't want to get any in the way when we start doing the 4 link under it.I have 18" from fender lip to the frame at the top and 14" on the sides so i should be ok if I want to go big tires more than likely going 29"x10.5x15 0r a 30".The tailgate works good the way I got it mounted I wasn't sure if it was going to work right with out some more bracing but it works find the way I got it now.Time I finsh with the back it will way around 200# with the metal in the back .030 smooth alum.

#61 ·
I really like the looks of that I might have to hack up my box this winter , I am going ladder bars I am affraid of the 4-link tuning . I think some big fat tires would be sweet even though mine is a sleeper , well when it isnt running anyway.

#65 ·
Thanks but it looks like this build is going to be put on hold for a while or until work picks back up just had another cut in pay but atlest I still have a job and I am thankful for that.
got a few things already bought for it I can do to it and than it will be at a stand still.

#66 ·
I posted the pics you asked for , sorry to hear about the paycut. I would be layed off myself if it wasnt for stimulas money for high way repairs and stuff . Some people dont like Obama but if not for him I would be sittnig at home unemployed .

#69 ·
No haven't had any luck , just going to plug off holes on top and put some kind of filter on the bottom. I know you can't block off all the holes once I figure out witch one to plug and witch ones to put filters on I will let you know

#76 ·
Thats right lets see $25 a hour + 9 hr=$225 on 1 header I THINK I can get the other side in 4 hrs. so thats another $100 so that will be $325 labor ,header kit $150,2" j bend pipe $20,and $5 black stove paint =$600 man I glad I don't charge myself or I would be broke everyday of the week

#77 ·
Just renounce your citizenship and then you can work for about $2/hr!! Think of the money you'll save!!:D:D

That's pretty good time on a header.

Bill

#78 ·
I can't take all the credit Rick help me out alot he helped me figure some of the bends so I can't take all the credit. I would have probley still be working on it or would have had to buy more bends, its good to have a friend that don't mind helping plus use there shop and stuff not many people left like that.An them kind you don't mind helping when they need help on something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.