460 Ford Forum banner

What front coil springs for stock suspension 69 Mustang?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nickbay 
#1 · (Edited)
What does everyone use for front springs on a 69 Mustang? I had an old set of Maverick springs in mine, but after all these years, they have given up, the header are about 1 1/2" from the ground! I want to buy some new ones, but not sure what to get.

#3 ·
I have had 2 sets of moroso 47190 on mine. The first pair worked great, installed them right out of the box, ride height was right and stored energy was there. After 10 years those were collaspting so bought a new pair , same pt# , installed them and the car looked 4x4 in front , it raised it about 4" inches. I put a set stock 6cylinder on there and used the for a couple years, with the 390 in it.

Did the shelby drop on the upper a arm , notched towers, installed iron headed 460 and it slammed it to the ground with those springs. Install same moroso springs it now sat a little high but nothing like before. Top of tire at fenderwell lip with a 7.10 moroso tire.

Looking to control the wheelie I ended up cutting a whole coil off the to get the front lower and that is what it is now. It works for me.

Ron

#5 · (Edited)
Mine sunk to the ground with 351w springs from a 69 mustang fastback 4-speed with AC.

I have aluminum heads, intake, water pump, radiator, and pulleys.
All steel body. No ps, pb, or ac

I used National Parts Depot part number 5310-9 with 1/2 coil cut off, but each car will be different springs with different weights.
They are listed as 286 lb/in, 1899 lb load, and 10.5 load height

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.