460 Ford Forum banner

PSD VS 460

10K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  96powerstroker 
#1 ·
I got a 7.3 PSD that has around 350hp in a ons with a built auto. A guy around here wants to race his 460 I believe it got headers and exhaust ans intake. Who will win

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#33 ·
Im a powerstroke fan so don't get me wrong. The 7.3 never "brought" anything to the cummins. The 7.3 is so limited in performance terms. It still will not last as long as an old 5.9. I've seen million mile 5.9 never a 7.3 but I have seen a 7.3 with 500k.. the one thing a 7.3 has is staying power. It is the only real survivor from the early years that is still desirable, mainly because of the trucks they were put in, not just the engine. You just don't find many older dodges because they fall apart around the engine. I've actually had 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7 powerstrokes. If I had to pick only one to drive, be comfortable in and be overall satisfied it would be a 6.7. So unless you have put years and thousands of miles in each you are just playing a favorite because its what you currently drive.

#34 ·
I had a 7.3 and I loved that truck. I also have a new 6.7 and that truck is nice too, except for the two exhaust valves that came apart and ruined the head and two pistons and cylinders.

The only problem my 7.3 ever had was the injector sleeves. I actually made a tool for removal and reinstalation of the injector sleeves, so that brake down made me money!

#35 ·
Actually there been a few 7.3s over a million over on psn and I'm not being biased to what I drive as I just not a big fan of newer stuff the last nice ford for me was the 6.4 superdutys they was nice . But Hell the y.u needs a full engine build alone to hit 500hp it seems just way to much for the diy mechanic not to be able to fix. Most will agree on the last at least

#36 ·
If u think about it why else would cummins needed to up the power on it if the 7.3 was around cause the 6.5 has nothin on it.... Also check out the 1 6.9 idi makin 350hp and 750 pounds of torque. It fairly inexpensive too over on psn.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.