460 Ford Forum banner

In Car 1/4 Mile Run Video

9K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  V10KLZZ71S 
#1 ·
Thought I would share one of my in car video's with you guys. This is from Tulsa, about a month ago. This was my first pass and went 6.32 @ 220+

It is a different perspective, where you can see the shifter, and shift light, and see the time clocks wizz by at the end... ;)

Click Vid-pic to watch video!

#4 ·
That is freakin WICKED!!

OK. Here goes a novice question... What was the lever that you pulled that made the grinding sound? It wasn't the shifter levers and I seriously doubt that you have a transfer case in that thing! :D

Also what kind of transmission do you run? Also keep in mind I do not know anybody that does this stuff. I just have the 20 year Car Craft and Hot Rod magazine education. If you don't see it on the street then chances are I haven't seen it.

Cool video. Not much to see but that sound it made... Oh that sound!! Awesome!!

#5 ·
cal, how high do you spin that motor? ive always wondered what kinda revs yall get out of those giant beasts.:D

also what all do you do in between races? do yall adjust valves, change oil, etc ever trip down the 1/4 mile? seems to me that that kind of motor would be super high maintance.

#6 ·
Chris... that sound is when I am putting it in forward or reverse. That is the "forward/reverser" It is a Lenco. You can actually shift gears backing up after the burnout and in theory... lol... you can go as fast backwards as forwards. There aren't any syncronizers, so you that is why you hear that grinding... that camera for some reason amplifies the sound. I shot that video at night from a different view point, just for the hell of it. It gives you a good view of the shift light at the top left corner, and you can see the vibration of what you actually see inside the car going over 220+ mph in just over 6 seconds.

Brett - We turn them about 8200 and some guys go upto like 8600 but depending on the manifold, cam, etc... it will change where they make power, which changes the gearing options and weather tune ups...

As for between round maintenance...
Run the Valves (Check springs for any broken or weak)
Download and analyze the data from the RacePak (Determine any gear,clutch, timing changes, etc...)
Swap the slicks (side to side)
Pack the parachutes
Pull the clutch out and resurface
Possibly change transmission sections (ratios) We fine tune by .01 and we work on the splits as much as anything.
Refuel the car, drain catch cans...
Adjust timing, jetting, etc.... (Engine Tuning)
And have it all done in about 45 mins... if nothing is broken... ;)

**** And did I mention my fiance does the clutch, and my crew is usually myself, Tinzy and my 72 year old father... lol! We are lean and mean! hahaha....

Here are some more videos for you guys...

Cale Aronson VS John Montecalvo (Norwalk)

Cale Aronson VS John Montecalvo (St. Louis)

Cale Aronson VS Trevor Eman (Norwalk)

Cale Aronson VS John Pluchino

Cale Aronson VS Jeff Dobbins

#8 ·
Let me share a few pics....

Nicole Lyons helping stage me, and Tinzy setting the wheelie bars...

AND... Tinzy doing clutch...

#11 ·
A new Lenco is around $10,000 then add air pods, and a $1500 shifter.... lol. In Pro Stock you need at least 4 tranny's worth of sections... just to have the right gearing options. For your application you could run a lenco worth the money!

#13 ·
I was on my phone when I typed that... But what I was going to say is that is for CS3 stuff. CS1 and CS2 is more affordable and you could probably get away with the ST1200. Either way, just telling you. Wasn't expecting you to sell your Cheby in order to have a fast race car... It is always important to have an excuse in the garage... :p

Just messin with ya!

#15 ·
Actually I have only 1 of those... I am considered a budget racer! Those things aren't cheap!

#18 ·
Believe it or not... I run a Pro Stock car on less money than most people would think. Could I run a lower class and stretch my dollar further... yeah, but I am saying that compared to the people I compete against, you can honestly say that I run on less than a 10th of their budget. We told one of our fellow competitors how much we spent last season and he said he spent that for every race. If that makes it clear... ;)

Means you have to race smart.... no rich.

#20 ·
Never driven an auto down the track... lol! Wouldn't know what to do with that other hand.... lol!

#23 ·
4 Speeds? LOL... I need 5 gears! I actually have driven the Pro Stock car with the 4 Buttons, the Air Shift Lenco Levers, and my V-Gate G-Force Shifter (one in the video), which is my favorite. If your not shifting... your not driving... your just steering! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.