Status
Not open for further replies.

429/460 HEI Distributors

21K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  CarsByCarl 
#1 · (Edited)
429/460 HEI Distributors

-Easy one wire hook-up
-Completely self contained. No need for an ignition box or external coil
-Mechanical advance pre-curved for performance use, and easily adjustable with commonly available spring kits
-Adjustable vac advance
-Double pinned drive gear
-Supports up to 7,000 RPM
-Black cap and coil
-This is the same HEI distributor Summ...other retailers sell for $139.95. Same box, same instruction sheet, same part.
-This is also the same distributor Carl runs in his own car. Field tested by driving 375 miles to a race, running 120+mph for extended periods in the race, and driving 375 miles home in 100+ degree temps.

High quality brass terminals and a protective plastic dust cover that encapsulates the 65,000-volt coil. A new cast-aluminum housing featuring a machine polished finish contains new bushings, mainshaft assembly, and a hardened steel gear. Our HEI includes high-output module, centrifugal advance components, and adjustable vacuum advance canister.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Carl I just wanted to say I got my parts today, and it was great dealing with you would do it again in a heart beat. Bump for a good deal and a great guy.

Ps. Thanks for the shirt it was a pleasant surprise I bet I'm the only guy in Victoria to have one lol. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the order Tristan.

#6 · (Edited)
There are several companies that sell advance curve kits for HEI distributors, and they're usually available at your local Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc. for about $5.00. They come with a chart that shows different advance curves and amounts of advance for various combinations of springs.

Advance kit instructions: http://www.moroso.com/catalog/images/72300_inst.pdf

:cool:

#8 · (Edited)
Rev limiters and other add-ons are available from MSD and other manufacturers. We can supply those with this distributor if desired.

PM/email/call for details.

#9 · (Edited)
Back in stock, just in time for that spring tune-up!

Buy one, get the second at half price. Once you install one of these, you'll want to run them on all your 460's.

;)

#13 ·
advance curve kit

You mentioned earlier that a advance curve kit is commonly available. Yet a 460 ford turns counterclockwise and a standard GM turns clockwise. So wouldn't a standard HEI mechanical advance kit not work because as it spins counterclockwise its going to be locked up?????

#14 ·
You mentioned earlier that a advance curve kit is commonly available. Yet a 460 ford turns counterclockwise and a standard GM turns clockwise. So wouldn't a standard HEI mechanical advance kit not work because as it spins counterclockwise its going to be locked up?????
I don't know anything about how a GM engine works, but I do know the advance kits work in these distributors just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.