460 Ford Forum banner

Which pistons to use?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dman64 
#1 ·
Hi everyone this is my first post over hear. I normally post over at FTE but for what I'm doing I'd rather ask some that know. I've started a 460 build somewhat and am getting to the point where it's time to buy parts. What I'm doing is building a truck for mainly road use but is a toy not a DD. The truck is a 74 F250 with a NP435 4 spd and 4.10 gears with 40" tires. The parts I have are:
D1VE std block
D3VE heads
Performer Intake.

I've just about finished up my D3 head porting that I mostly followed from the mad porter. I'm thinking that I want to use the Comp Cams xtreme 4x4 .514/514 cam and the springs they recommend or possibly just buy the package they offer but haven't decided yet. As for rocker arms I was planning on using the Scorpion 1.73 conversion roller rocker. I wasn't planning on having the block decked to zero deck height. Is it safe to use a piston like the KB137?

If anyone has any insight I'm all ears. I don't mind premium gas but don't want to build a pinger either. I just want something that has a strong power range throughout that's not high strung.
Thanks

#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.