460 Ford Forum banner

514 w/P51s

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  nuclearcobra 
#1 · (Edited)
Im new to this site, but I have done a lot of researching from this site. So i thought it was time that i sign up and become a member to help anyone who might need it(if im able to not real likely). I have a 1974-1979 f250. Started off as a 460 bored to make a 514. It had dish SRP pistons, comp cam .585 hydralic flat, ported stock heads 950 old pro systems carb. It was meant to be a play toy not racing machine but it did the job. We figured it would have dynoed at somewhere 500hp-550hp. Then i decided last year way late to start racing. What gets me more excited is over the winter it went through alot of overhauling. Besides nocking off the weight, we put comp solid roller .306/306 .270/270 @ .050 .690/697lift, elebrock vic jr intake, flat top SRP pistons, High-flow aluminum water pump, Hughes converter with trans break, SV-1 carb, and ported P51.:D Prolly some other things I cant recall, but you guys get it. I was hoping to dyno the engine but with the heads not in, other stuff to get the truck ready, and the race season 1 1/2 months away. Im not going to be able. If anyone would like to guess that would be great, and if i do get a chance i will let you all know.

#2 · (Edited)
Im new to this site, but I have done a lot of researching from this site. So i thought it was time that i sign up and become a member to help anyone who might need it(if im able to not real likely). I have a 1974-1979 f250. Started off as a 460 bored to make a 514. It had dish SRP pistons, comp cam .585 hydraulic flat, ported stock heads 950 old pro systems carb. It was meant to be a play toy not racing machine but it did the job. We figured it would have dynoed at somewhere 500hp-550hp. Then i decided last year way late to start racing. What gets me more excited is over the winter it went through alot of overhauling. Besides knocking off the weight, we put comp solid roller .306/306 .270/270 @ .050 .690/697lift, edelbrock vic jr intake, flat top SRP pistons, High-flow aluminum water pump, Hughes converter with trans break, SV-1 carb, and P51 heads.:D Prolly some other things I cant recall, but you guys get it. I was hoping to dyno the engine but with the heads not in, other stuff to get the truck ready, and the race season 1 1/2 months away. Im not going to be able. If anyone would like to guess that would be great, and if i do get a chance i will let you all know.
In order to overbore a 460 engine to arrive at 514 cubic inches the bore needs to be 4.610" so, is this an aftermarket block or is it "stroked" also...? Having an SRP piston tells me it's also stroked.
That camshaft will be a major "compromise" at best, unless it is installed WAY ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.