460 Ford Forum banner

Carb Recommedation for a 520

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  crittersf1 
#1 ·
Just sold the Ultra 950 HP that was on my 520 and getting ready to order something bigger. My combination is 520, 13.5:1, out the box new style SCJ's, Lunati 252/260 @ .050, .650/.650 cam, out of the box Victor intake with 4150 flange and an N.O.S. Pro Fogger, C6 with a brake and a BTE converter I'm having restalled this week. This is in a 93 Mustang with 3.73's and weighs approximately 2,950-3,000 with me in it. I talked to Biggs about doing an E85 1,000 HP if I go the E85 route, or putting a 4500 adapter on it and running a Dominator, just not sure what size it would need. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
I've already talked to several carb shops and got different answers from all of them. I've been told I can keep the 4150 intake and run a 1,000 HP, while others say I need at least an 1,150 Dominator. I was hoping someone on here not trying to sell me a carb could tell me what works for them instead of just telling me to have a carb shop build one.

#10 ·
I never ran a Biggs personally, but have a couple friends that have and both their cars picked up with the Biggs. I ended up buying a ProSystems Pro IV Dominator. I've changed heads and cam so I won't know what made the biggest difference. I'm sure the P51's will be the biggest gain though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.