460 Ford Forum banner

kasse oil pump

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  gafred99 
#1 ·
Kasse is out of stock anyone else keep them in stock?

#4 · (Edited)
I use one of HFD's oil pumps on a 533" twin turbo deal that was so close to 2000 hp you could sniff it.

Paul's pumps are first rate and I utilize them almost exclusively....

:D

#6 ·
Tire shake has little to nothing to do with it. I'll admit that a decade ago I would have considered it to be an issue. When I learned the FRPP had broken oil pumps on the dyno with the 521 pump gas crate engines....I said to self "dynos do not have tire shake".

It's the big headed skinny legged design of the pump housing and the harmonics of the long stroke crankshaft i.m.o. It is also not lost on me that about 3 years ago that FRPP introducted the M-6316-A521 crankshaft damper.....'tuned' for a stroker engine.

A proper damper may be your oil pumps best buddy.

Refecting back 2-3 decades when we had a 3.85" or 4.150" stroke and did not have the great cyl. heads and big comp. ratio we have today I do not remember any broken oil pumps.

#7 ·
I have been way into the 6's at over 220 MPH and never broke one, here is the deal. I always used to make my own pickup tubes and flange & make a double set of supports bolted to the main studs. Paul, HFD has his very stout flanges and pickup kits with the parts to make up the same stuff. If in doubt = buy Paul's kit.

#8 · (Edited)
Any engine component may fail at most any time, we all know that. Properly prepping the part for the application--any part--is paramount. This is why performance builders smooth the beams of the connecting rods, or port heads, or streamline the leading and trailing edges of crankshaft counterweights, etc. And it's also why we prep the pumps that we offer for sale. I have seen Ford Racing oil pumps from the FRPP crate motors and they are nothing more than an OEM Melling pump taken straight out of the Melling box and bolted to the crate motor without any performance modification of any kind whatsoever.

Currently, we have customers on three different continents with 4.5 stroke crankshafts, generating thousands of horsepower, exceeding 200 mph, and not breaking pumps with their engines which vibrate more harshly than any Ford crate motor. If the Ford engineers have broken an oil pump or two on stationary crate engines on a dyno and which is generating just 580 hp (advertised).....then I can't help but wonder what those guys might be missing.

Paul

#11 ·
I agree with Lem, I have seen 2 of the FRPP pumps break because of high horsepower and probley vibration, the Kasse pump is very stout and breakage is non existant. I too run an FRPP oil pump and like some others fabricate additional brackets to hold the pick up tube to the mains and have not experienced any breakage thus far and am pushing about 800 HP, however when i freshen up my 557 I will go to a Kasse pump just for the xtra insurance it provides. did you ask Lem, I know he carries the Kasse pump in stock or used to.

#13 ·
as i just spoke to the kaase camp last week.they lost the foundry that was casting it for them.they had another lined up but as was told to me copy rites/ blue prints make and whatever else goes into making these takes forever...and i was also told there maybe a billet pump in the works....but nothing concrete.

#15 ·
here's the real story, kasse has had trouble with SOME of the [pumps] as a friend of mine had a lot of trouble keeping the pump primed and up to pressure. after fighting with this problem and talking to the kasse camp after he had pulled the intake to check the lifters and also the plugs in the block and so on and so on. they finially told him that the plate on the pump on some of the pumps did not seal good and the pump sucked air. So kasse is pondering the use of an o-ring there on the pump. I doubt he will sell any more pumps until he has corrected the problem. that is the hold up and the REST OF THE STORY. I would buy a kasse pump myself once he gets them back on line and working correctly. I would also be that the next batch of pumps are o-ringed, any takers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.