460 Ford Forum banner

Kaase-9 Boss mustang started today, 4/11/08, with pix, #5

148K views 395 replies 107 participants last post by  PoweredByFord 
#1 ·
Today we took the project Mustang apart. It was nice to be working on a new car, with no dirt or road stuff on it. It was really not a bad car to work on. My longtime friend Carl Baker was visiting from Ohio, and he started taking parts off before lunch. By 5 we had the engine out, which wasn't bad for us considering we knew nothing about new street cars.
Tomorrow we are going to install a dummy block and heads, with the trans and bellbousing. Motor mounts are an unknown at this point.
I have 7 pictures to post, but they will be one at a time. I have better luck this way. .... Kaase

See less See more
#380 ·
sweet!!!!!!!!! :D :D

#382 ·
gtmustang said:
JonKaase said:
Jon: I was wondering who made the low profile distributor that you used?
Also, I'd like to know what the dimensions of the air cleaner is and who makes it? The car looks great, I sent a link to my buddy who has an 07' Shelby GT and told him that you had come up with the best way to
"hop up" a 4.6! Pull it out and put in a different engine! :wink:
Gary
What's really sick though, is at 1st glance, it still "looks" like a Mod motor. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I wonder how many double takes that's gonna bring?

Nice piece of work Jon...

Doug... 8)

#383 ·
Dave Maxwell said:
Theres an idea. sell them Jon. I know alot of people the would love one.
The diehard mustang guys would go nuts to have a boss engine in there.
Question is, what would be a ballpark for something like that?
80 plus I assume. I have been telling the father in law about it. he loves mustangs.
maybe i should get him one for xmas next year. only i do all the driving
I could never afford one, but it does sound like a very good/cool idea. I can see it now:

(Sales pitch example)
For the car guy/gal who "thinks" he/she has everything... Check out the all new, all Ford, Jon Kaase Racing VLE (Very Limited Edition) Boss Mustang. Get yours today, because they're goin' "FAST"! 8)

Doug... 8)

#385 ·
You know Doug, I never thought about it until you pointed it out. At firs glance some would think it's a Mod Motor, especially if they have never seen a Boss 9 8)

Jon's car is the ultimate sleeper! Muahahahaha!!!!

Jon you gonna run it at the BBF Bash in 09? :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8)

#393 ·
Has anyone made the motor mount kit for this swap? The motor mounts that were made look clean and effective. I am currently doing my own 572 cid into the 05+ mustang, already have the 9 inch rearend in, the P51 heads, rockers, cams, shortblock being built, etc--

Unlike this project, I have a tubular K-member and manual steering rack, so hopefully I will have a little bit more room.

#395 ·
Mr. Kaase , please help us !!!

I have to ask this for use guys that have to go to smog in our states . Are you going to make this BOSS Mustang a limited production run and get a EPA sticker so that me and a lot of other guy's can put 460's in our late model cars ? In Las Vegas and in other states you can only put a engine in a car if it came out of a car and is the same year or newer . Even if the engine will run cleaner . In another state I lived at , I made a car that ran cleaner with the 460 then the 6 cyl it came with , and at DMV , they said .....no , because it was not in a EPA tested engine in a production car or a "limited production car" . Straight-up , if you do this and sell the stickers to guys like me living in these places . I will pay for your gas while your in Las Vegas !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.