460 Ford Forum banner

Kaase-9 Boss mustang started today, 4/11/08, with pix, #5

148K views 395 replies 107 participants last post by  PoweredByFord 
#1 ·
Today we took the project Mustang apart. It was nice to be working on a new car, with no dirt or road stuff on it. It was really not a bad car to work on. My longtime friend Carl Baker was visiting from Ohio, and he started taking parts off before lunch. By 5 we had the engine out, which wasn't bad for us considering we knew nothing about new street cars.
Tomorrow we are going to install a dummy block and heads, with the trans and bellbousing. Motor mounts are an unknown at this point.
I have 7 pictures to post, but they will be one at a time. I have better luck this way. .... Kaase

See less See more
#11 ·
I am jealous. I wish I could be doing that swap. Looks like you got a good start so far. What are you going to do for a rear end setup. I assume a 9 inch..

#14 ·
I was in Gainesville GA this week but could not get a way from work. Next time I am there I am scheduling a day to just come by the shop and check this project out. Hopefully it wont be that long before I am back there.

#21 ·
today we put the big engine and trans in. It looks like headers won't be too bad to build. I have some questions though.
I should have measured the stock engine crank centerline at the front, with respect to the sides. The tailshaft and rear crossmember measure to be in the centerline of the car. the pinion is also centered between the wheels. The thing is, I remember the valve covers to be unequal distances from the shock towers, offset to the right. Is the engine in these cars at an angle? With the Boss engine in the car, the tailshaft is centered and the valve covers are closer to the right, just like stock. Any thoughts on this? ... Kaase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.