460 Ford Forum banner

Boss 9 Head prices

25K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  BOSS 429 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Every time I see some Boss '9 heads and the matching valve covers I start thinking of how I could possibly buy a set. Drug manufacturing, selling a soul, maybe some organs... Even though I know they probably won't make a huge difference in power output on a mild street friendly engine over a set of decent wedge heads.

#5 ·
Every time I see some Boss '9 heads and the matching valve covers I start thinking of how I could possibly buy a set. Drug manufacturing, selling a soul, maybe some organs... Even though I know they probably won't make a huge difference in power output on a mild street friendly engine over a set of decent wedge heads.

Scott, if I remember correctly, they made 100 HP more than SCJ's on a similar engine. But my memory is.......

#7 ·
Yes, against a decent new head such as P51 or TFS, I think it wouldnt be as far apart as it might seem. It would be neat, but not very economical. Plus if you have clearance issues with a a regular 385, your screwed with a boss. It wold be totaly worth it tho, I wonder how much I could get for a kidney......

#12 ·
Almost on their way.

JKRe has almost got all the parts together for my new Boss 9 engine.

C & C Block , Bryant Crank , BME's , Boss 9 heads and covers , 14.5:1 Diamonds etc.

This will be mated to my Alky injection and new C4 ( C4 will save some weight but I am keeping the C6 as a spare )

They ( Boss Heads ) will be hanging outside the bonnet of My speedster for all to see ( not allowed to call it a hotrod or roadster over here cause its centre steer )

Hopefully it will make 1000hp/850ftlb and storm me into the mid 7's at 175mph.

Please Carroll , hurry up with my block as I want to see those bits bad.

John

#19 ·
yes, a lot done right, the boss hemi needs the right intake,cam,carbs,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.