460 Ford Forum banner

Alan Root aluminum block

21K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  deano 
#1 ·
I would like to know any information on AR aluminum block,casting#E2ZM-A9.I bought one and do not know how far it can be bored.Current bore is 4.625".I would also like to know if lifter bores need to be bushed for .850"lift cam.Lifter bore size is stock but is slightly longer.Are replacement sleeves for the cylinder bores still available for this block.Thanks ahead of time for any information.

#2 ·
I'd suggest you contact Carroll Carter at C&C Motorsports in Manasas, VA. He has the sleeves and etc. that you need. You might also try contacting Alan Root, he is in California but I don't have a phone number for him. As for how far you can bore those sleeves, I think you are already there.

Hope this helps,

#3 ·
seen them 4.700 we have never needed to bush the lifters in these,and some of these dont even run cam bearings, yes run the cam on the alum,ive got one like that, what deck is yours? sleeves are not a problem.

-rich

#5 ·
As the other members have indicated the maximum bore size is a function of the outside diameter of the liner. Most of the "old style" blocks I made had 4.800" O.D. liners. If that's the case then you could probably go out to 4.700". The newer style blocks have 4.725" O.D. liners to add some additional strength between the bores. C&C offers replacement sleeves for these if you need them.
If you or any of the other members have questions about the parts we make currently or have previously made you can call me directly at 805-654-9018. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Alan Root

#6 ·
great to have you here ,and willing to awnser questions

-Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.