460 Ford Forum banner

My first foray into the big block world, 71 Torino

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  1970galaxie 
#1 ·
My inspiration for this car is the Monte Carlo in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. A bare bones, ugly car with a big engine. Being a Ford guy, I figured a Torino would be good. I found this rolling chassis on Craigslist and headed out to pick it up. It's got lots of rust, but I really don't care. I'll probably just weld some sheetmetal to the floor to cover up the holes. I'm also going to replace the interior panels with sheetmetal, replace the factory gauge panel with some Autometer gauges (and sheetmetal, of course), and have a road race cage installed. As far as the suspension goes, nothing exotic. Polygraphite bushings, KYB shocks, bigger sway bars, and stiffer springs. The engine will be a 460 built on a budget. I'll just pick up a used short blocks and D0VE heads, do some minor port work, and a nice cam. Just a budget 500 hp build. I'm going to convert the car to a 4 speed, which will probably be the hardest part, finding a 31 spline Top Loader. This will be a slow build, no hurry, but it should be on the road within a year. Sorry about the bad trailer pic, it was taken with my phone.

What rust?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.