460 Ford Forum banner

do i need windows.?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Mike R 
#1 ·
opening day at a reborn track, onandaga michigan so cool and excited to able to run there. tech guy says i need windows to run but let me go this time and to come back with this fixed.. have a windshield but no pass. drivers, or back window this is in a 68 f-100 pickup. what about a t-bucket have seen them at the track.... MG with a small block chevy was there..didnt see a convertible what do they say to those guys.?

#4 ·
windows

When I wanted to rum my AC Cobra just for a pass to see what it would do it was crazy all the stuff I had to get ahold of just to make one pass. But that is different. no roof, no windows, a "loop" roll bar head height...... Not something they want to see going down the track upside down....... and neither did I. But in the NHRA rule book it has a section about windows and required equipment if you don't have them. Track rules during non sanctioned events are pretty much up to them and some can be pretty decent.....

#5 ·
When I wanted to rum my AC Cobra just for a pass to see what it would do it was crazy all the stuff I had to get ahold of just to make one pass. But that is different. no roof, no windows, a "loop" roll bar head height...... Not something they want to see going down the track upside down....... and neither did I. But in the NHRA rule book it has a section about windows and required equipment if you don't have them. Track rules during non sanctioned events are pretty much up to them and some can be pretty decent.....
Our track up here is a IHRA Sanctioned track and the rules (IHRA) say that you have to roll up your windows in the door slammer classes in order to compete or T&T.
Rob

#7 · (Edited)
windows

your experiance please.! was lookin at lexan 0.177 thick. the back window is 5'x1' in an f-100. what ever i use for the back should be fine for the sides i would think. goona need ah 4x8 sheet and only want to by one. im only concerened with the thickness for the rear and once in may get the hole saw out and make some vents...your thoughts.. looks like home depot sells this...

#11 ·
As far as the rules go, there is a spec for windshield only. The rest of the openings are up to the builder. The thickness will depend on whether or not you want to put a brace in the center or not. I think that most people use 1/16" plex and then glue and screw them in because they won't fit the gasket any more.
Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.