460 Ford Forum banner

spare parts for drag week

617 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BigBlockRanger 
#1 ·
im trying to figure out what all i need to bring spare parts wise to drag week. any suggestions will be appreciated. im going to bring pretty much every gasket for the car and some hard parts as well. figured it wouldnt hurt to get some advice from guys that know these engines better than me. my combo is a 572 10 to 1 pump gas with about 300 shot of nitrous, solid roller cam. pretty much everything on this car is new. Kaase supplied almost all the engine parts for the build, transmission is a Broader c6. again any recommendations will help. thanks

#2 ·
Don't kill yourself with the spares. It's real easy to just throw everything you have in the shop in and then you are kicking yourself every time you have to unload the car. I typically only take things that would be troublesome to find at a normal parts store or quick-fix small stuff like fuse holders,relays and a spare oem Ford EFI electric fuel pump just in case the A1000 conks out. With a solid roller it never hurts to have a few spare lifters, pushrods and a rocker arm or 2. I have never had issues with them, but there are PLENTY of guys that have.

Find a small pack of small baby diapers and toss them in. I used them in 2012 when my C6 front seal started leaking and again on the last day in 2014, when a friend's car had a small leak we couldn't fix.

Be organized. Think through the stuff you'll need to use every day and put them where you can get to them easy. Nothing sucks worse than to have to dig through a bunch of stuff just to get to your tire gauge or electric air pump every day.

Most of all, stay on the ball. What I mean by that is, time wasted is time lost. Get to the tracks early, get unloaded and get the car prepped, get your runs in. Use your time wisely and hit the road as early as you can. If you start leaving tracks late, you end up driving late, then you end up hitting the hotel late, getting little sleep then start all over again. It will kick your ***.

No actually, most of all, have fun. It is an incredible event that you will look back on for years to come and laugh about and drive those around you nuts with drag week stories. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.