460 Ford Forum banner

TCI Trans-Scat Valve Body Mods

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  aquartlow 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I know i may be beating a dead horse with this but I simply cannot find any information on the question I have. I have a C6 from 1972 that I am doing the full TCI streetfighter (448800) rebuild on and included with the kit is the TRANS-SCAT kit.

I have followed the instructions and done all of the modifications (springs, plug and 2-3 check ball removal) without issue but have reached the separator plate drilling and I am unsure about what I have come across.

So obviously I drill the top hole that is blocked by the TCI plate (per the instructions), but there is no mention of if anything needs to be done for the hole directly below. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
Interesting . Looks like the lower hole is blocking the servo accumulator . Most kits just block it at the valve with a plug or blocker spring.

What size is the hole above where the 2-3 checkball is removed ? Most leave the ball in place and drill the hole beside it to .125"

#5 ·
Yeah, the kit instructs to pull the check ball. There is a plug included that was installed as you mentioned, they may have just felt it was not needed to drill that extra hole. Overall the install was not to bad, just some parts that were very vague.

FOR EXAMPLE: in the instructions it states to NOT install the gasket between the separator plate and the valve body with no justification, but then the it included the new gasket just to make you very unsure lol. I now know that people don't run them because they just get blown out i guess.

#7 ·
X2 on the gasket being used and not omitted. Just make sure to torque the valve body bolts to the correct # AND sequence and you'll be fine. My B&M Transpak elevates the fluid pressures and haven't had any issues with a tore or blown-out valve body gasket. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.