460 Ford Forum banner

71 Mach Project

100K views 418 replies 47 participants last post by  Devildog 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm going to post pics of my project...it's cool and will give us something else to b.s. about......and Damon likes these things.....this pic I'll try first is probably the best pic i have of it whole at this point...it is rather old at this time.....enjoy......D

See less See more
#28 ·
Hey Finmach.......thanx for posting the pics.......That boss scoop does attach with studs...I have no idea who actually made the scoop.....bought it a long time ago at Ford Man's Mustang here in town....I still have it somewhere around here but I think its cracked...I have a new hood that I had made and will use now.....I will post a pic of it.....D

#31 ·
Figured I needed to get going and post some pics of my engine parts....didnt get much done this weekend as I went to Hank 3, ZZ Top, and DAC yesterday and I'm tired today..............................................................

#32 ·
I don't get here much but here it goes. I started with one of these in the early eighties & still like 'em! My '71 coupe went a 10.09 on a well used 466 & if I get on my feet my 552" mill with heavily massaged BT's will be back in. New mill will dyno about 850-900 ponies, BIG roller. Nice to see there is still some people around that don't mind a knuckle busting on the shock towers :D

#34 ·
Here is something that i just did this morning.......had cut this open a long while back to work on rust in the cowl area.......this **** was a mess and i didnt even fix all of it....I am not waiting another 10 years to drive this thing again....you can still see some of the rust damage but you wont see any of this with the fenders on and buttoned up so i dont care....this sure as hell isnt a concours restoration.....cause I'm not into that.......if the car had been nicer to begin with I might have thought about.....to me it was a good choice to build up into what I want....I may even backhalf it later and put a new front end on it...who knows.........its a hot rod and it will be nice enuff for me to enjoy it................................................................................D

#36 ·
Cool, at least you can get her out there to help. I think I only got my wife to help out once with sanding. If she dares come out in the shop, the best I can do is get her to get me a beer. LOL!

#37 ·
LOL.....Have not been getting much done as it has been so hot and after work i am done for....have lots to plan and work out...so hopefully i can get going again real soon...This fall and winter I have got to blitz it and see how much i can get put together....D

#41 ·
Hey guys! My Mach 1 is getting ready, it is only missing its decals which I allready have in my possession but haven't had the time to apply them yet. Just wanted you to see the hood scoop which from I was asking questions. Thanks for helping me with the scoop guys!

I just got back from Ford Nationals 2008.

There are four 385-series bigblocks in a row. '70 Mach 1 with 521cid+TKO600, '71 HT pony with 460 PI+C6 (built as police highway catchcar), my mach 1 and '72 Ranchero 460+C6 which runs 11.2s on 1/4 mile.

Reactions: Devildog
#47 ·
Holy crap I do need to post some updates.....have not been keeping up. Have some new parts here and there.....and been working on the heads a bit. Main thing has been cutting bad metal out of the car and blasting what I can save. It has been going rather slow but i have been working on it quite a bit as well as hunting parts........D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.