460 Ford Forum banner

C6 Lockup Issue..........

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Price5113 
#1 ·
Well, after searching through this forum and not finding much about my C6's exact symptoms I thought I better ask for help on this one. This C6 has been working great since last fall when I rebuilt it until out of the blue I manually shift down into second and the 'lockup' happens. It seems 1st gear is affected as well. It does go into Drive, but theres no 1st gear to 2nd gear action at all, just lockup! I have adjusted the Hurst QTR Stick shift more than half a dozen times per there instructions and have dissconnected the shifter from the trans and manually moved the lever only to find the problem still exists! I changed out the valve body this afternoon with a "loaner" NEW TCI Streetfighter peice and readjusted the band but still the problem is there. The Servo piston is a Superior "R" copy, the trans is a 1975 vintage peice with STD replacement clutches, a #9 needle brg, and a TCI Streetfighter 11" converter. It baffles me that this happened all of a sudden with out any warning signs..........Any help on this would be great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.