460 Ford Forum banner

C6 Transmission Mount Bushing Help

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  bigblok86ranger 
#1 ·
I am going to drop my motor and trans down into my 93 Foxbody today. I have the Ford Racing adjustable transmission cross member but I forgot that I don't have the rubber transmission mount bushing for in between the transmission & cross member. Does anybody have a part number for me? I'm still going to drop it down in there today but I won't start welding stuff until I get the correct bushing.

The transmission bushing mount in my truck has a bolt that runs horizontally through the cross member. The Foxbody Ford Racing cross member has 2 slots in it that look like 2 studs will come down through vertically. I can't believe I forgot to research this part and get it earlier. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
BigBlok86Ranger answered in a PM. The stock 5.0 transmission mout works. He suggested getting the Energy Suspension brand polyeurethane bushing but Autozone didn't have any. So I had to settle for a stock Duralast mount. It will do for now. All I'm doing today is dropping the motor with the motor plate to mock up the final position for assembly.

Thanks Eric!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.