460 Ford Forum banner

ALTERNATOR MOUNTS on MOTOR PLATE

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  rupertsilva10 
#1 ·
Anyone got any close up pics or recommendations for alternator mounting for front plate?

Got my plate on, cut to fit, mounted to TC and Frame. Fits nice. Going to run the electric Water Pump, just trying to figure best route for mounting the Alt, high above plate or low below plate.

I am running a shaved shock tower 67 Mustang, with stock suspensions so I have some lA arm limitiations over a MII front end car.

Thanks Gydyup.

#2 ·
We have it found best to mount below plate,on plate moves it to far farward,so below plate,and lower by just a little of crank center on pass side of engine. then a short belt can be used

#3 ·
Thanks.

#7 ·
Got any pics, up by the head, long belt? I know some of stock BB alts are really high mounts, but the only belt I will have will be the Alt, no oil, vacuume or water pump drive.

#9 ·
Now that is cool, just now finding this one. Is it a 1 wire, and what kind of Tractor? Thanks.

#14 ·
Now there is some inginuity, cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.