460 Ford Forum banner

Looking to build a '68 Fairlane 500 drag car w/ a 385 series engine. Any thoughts as what to expect

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  radir68 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
call me I'll sell you one,

FRESH C6,9'' 4.11 GEAR, 2 DOOR FORMAL ROOF 69 FAIRLANE 460, NEW RAD,NEW FAN, HURST QUARTER STICK, FRESH PAINT IN ENG COMPARTMENT, NEW TQ CONVERTER, NEW HOOKER HEADERS, MSD,ELECT FUEL PUMP, CARPIT STRIPED OUT, PERFECT FLOORS, QUARTER PANELS REPAIRED, GOOD GLASS,ALL SOUND DEADNER GONE, EXTRAS PARTS

ALSO NICE LITE WELD WHEELS, CONVERTED TO MAN/BRAKES

NEEDS BATTERY,GAS IN TANK,AND CARB, I HAVE NEW CARB IF NEED BE

GREAT STARTER CAR,IM SURE IM FORGETING STUFF

6000.00 ITS YOURS, CANT COME CLOSE TO FINDING ONE THIS NICE,THEN BUYING PARTS,AND BUILDING IT

#5 ·
/\ Has not been down the track since being built

#6 ·
a lot of fun,

parts are around for these builds,429 460 fit well,hooker makes headers, mounts same as 70 71 torino,c6 fits good ,

good luck on the build

#7 · (Edited)
BOSS, I'm in the process of building my 69 formal street strip car. Highly interested in pics of your yours if you have any. Doing a 460/C6 Caltrac/Calvert leaf car. If I had 6K I'd snag it up, save me some time and lots of $$$. Good price.

Also BOSS you have the PN on the hooker headers?

Onlyfords...interested in your build as well.

Here is my some of the build of mine, mini-tubbing it. http://s632.photobucket.com/user/mikedula/library/Mini-tub

-Mike

#9 ·
Went and put a battery, carb, and gas in the Fairlane. Then did a burnout ,Now its at my kids, guess she's going to race it till her car is done.

It is still for sale tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.