460 Ford Forum banner

1000 HP N/A P51 DEAL ------ WOW

40K views 54 replies 15 participants last post by  Devildog 
#1 ·
#36 ·
I have a very similar combination in a 94 GT 541 ci with a glide. Been running some 5.80s in the Texas heat. My engine made 890 so I am pretty happy with the ET and mph just wish I could get my 60's a little closer to yours. Best so far is a 1.34 just being a typical drag racer always wanting just a little more. Keep beating up on the bowties!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#37 ·
If your converter is locking or flashing to 200-300 rpm above torque peak, and your gear is right with the tire diam, at 3000-3100 lb you will be there if you hook it..............;) Good luck

#38 ·
I haven't been to the track much lately, been busy in the shop with porting heads and building engines.

I bought a set of 14 x 32 Goodyears for the car and despite all my efforts the car would not 60 ft. Dropped to 1.25's and 6's . I put my old 13.5 x 29.5 Micky's back on this last week end and set a personal best 60' @ 1.18 5.44 126.76 mph.

Maybe the next time to the track I will tune on it. I have yet to try timing or jetting at the track since it came off the dyno.

#43 ·
What is the big deal with posting it over here on this forum?....There is still good people over here....hell they go back and forth anyway. Besides when the new site got started my build thread didn't get moved over anyhow...I was not even asked....so.....I guess I'll still go back and forth to read the posts that I want to...hmmmm........D

#44 ·
I'm lost, I just want to share info with all FORD guys, It just hurt some when the site sold, we all knew each other and it felt like a family.

But I think everyone is over it now. I posted mine on both sites way after the split.

Did someone say something about mine being over here?

#45 ·
Well it is in this thread.......Jon asked if you thought it was ok for Bruno to post this in here......then you answered that you didn't care......So I understand what happened and it has not been the same for a long time, but we are all here for the same thing....at least most of us. I don't know bout the "family" thing....maybe one big *** dysfuntional family to put it lightly....and I really do not feel apart of it. Not that in the scope of the world it really matters or that it is your problem at all....Hell I am used to it....and will continue to build my **** w/o any help to speak of. I still do enjoy reading about yours and others projects and still learn a great deal all the time....D

#52 ·
Going good D , I haven't had it to the track but one time this year. Been busy with engines this summer.

Thanks for asking. It seems to always run good, 5.40-5.41 on a hooking track 5.48-5.49 on a so so track.

Fabio has made me look bad with his on the hose. I have it on mine, and I will step up the program this fall when it cools down some.

#54 ·
Same here, hot and the two track close enough for me to go to don't hook, they have a butt load of street cars and motorcycles and the rubber isn't there.

I think I may head to the new track up by KY's house here in a few weeks and give it a try.

#55 ·
Yeah, the 1/8th mile track down here started doing slicks or drag radials only on Sunday's I think......Going to give that a try when it cools down a bit. Seems like lately somebody dicks up the track everytime I go out thereand the wait time and lines of cars are horrendous....D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.