460 Ford Forum banner

1000 HP N/A P51 DEAL ------ WOW

40K views 54 replies 15 participants last post by  Devildog 
#1 ·
#4 ·
It's fine Jon, I don't care..............

And thanks Steve.......................

#6 ·
Ran the car for the first time tonight with the new engine and the P-51's.

Ran a 5.58 124 mph with 2 1/2 pounds of fuel pressure. I will get the fuel problem straightened out tomorrow.

Car was laying over and missing bad from the high side of first gear through second.

#8 ·
Plugs were way lean, its hard to say what it may finally run but the old motor ran 126 mph with a 150 less hp so it should pick up a good bit when sorted out.

Thanks for asking................

#11 ·
That's the plan, they are having that all fox body deal there net weekend. :D

#13 ·
WHAT did THE HEADS FLOW on this deal?

#16 ·
No, Thank God, and I should have a fix for the problem in the mail today.:D

Thanks for asking................

#17 ·
Very nice build.

The numbers on this 580" are just about what I'm shooting for with the 565 (refreshed) my "dream wheel" calculator in my head is 800lbs ft at 6,200 and 730 lbs ft at 7,200.

13:1, A-460's, 1,200 cfm Pro-System carb.

G

#18 ·
Ran a 5.56 last night at Bowling green 125 mph 1.24 60 ft,(Hot, dam hot, and humid, bar in the basement:()

I need to work on the 60's and get the E.T. where it should be.

Can't wait till cool and dry October.............:cool:

#20 ·
I hadn't even thought about it, I will get it done ........... Thanks bud.

#24 ·
New best time and 60 ft, not much but better it's better..................:D

5.54 1.230 60 ft

Still have yet to tune any on it, but I think it is very close.

I'm going this Friday night, and will tune some then weather should be good.

#25 ·
new best

Didn't get to tune any but the car picked up to a new best 5.52 1.22 60 ft 125.48 mph

#26 ·
New best time......... and MPH

I have been behind on my updates. At the NMRA race in Bowling Green I had wheelie trouble scrubbed the back bumper twice.

Ended up buyin some adj. Strange shocks at the race and installed them in the pits, I had Lake Wood 90/10's on it.

After the shock change , I got two shots on it before first round of eliminations Put them on # 5 setting and ran a 5.42 and had a 1.22 60 ft.

Made one more run and set them on #7 tighter and went a 5.41 and had a 1.200 60 ft. only leaving at 4000 rpm.

Going this Sunday and tightening the shocks some more and try to leave higher. I'm going to keep adjusting until it starts to spin or the front end gets back up again.

Stay tuned..................:cool:

#28 ·
175 lb 14 inch in the front with Strange single adjustable struts.

110 lb 12 inch in the rear with Alden Eagle double adjustable shocks.

#30 ·
What do you have your rear double adjustable shock's set at.Compression/extension.
I have strange 12' double adjustable shock's in my rear suspension.
My compression is set at 4 and extension 10
I will be out of town all week on work, I will check this weekend and get back with you.

I have my car very neutral in the rear not raising or squatting, using the front struts to control wheel stands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.