460 Ford Forum banner

P-51 pushrod guide plates

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BigBlockBehemoth 
#1 ·
Hola BBF community. Please see the pic below. I am working on the top end of a P-51 545 build and I have come across the oddity shown. Note the large gap between the left pedestal and the pushrod guide plate when I tighten the rt side bolt down... Am I missing some additional hardware, maybe a washer/spacer? I checked on the site for a similar problem but I could not find this one. These are the guides that were supplied with the heads directly from Kaase. They even have P-51 stamped on the face.

Thoughts???

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You aren't missing anything. They come that way. Get them both started and then tighten them down. They bend to fit. You will be fine. Make sure you use a little thread lock.

I had to put more of a chamfer in my stud bolt holes because my studs would not tighten down on the guide plates all the way. The guide plates were a bit loose when the studs were torqued down. So double check that after you get them in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.