460 Ford Forum banner

New Edge/Fox swap

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  itsabullitt 
#1 ·
I've got an '01 Mustang that is a street/strip car. The current 2V 4.6 would require me to put a blower on it to reach ~400hp and at 78K miles, may or may not last very long. The blower would cost anywhere from $4-6,000, and if I decided to build a mod motor for it, well the cost could be anything north of 10 grand. I've seen several 385 series swaps into fox bodies, and even a few on here with new edge mustangs. Are the swaps basically the same? I've heard the chassis are similar between the fox and 99-04 cars. I've got a 429, and 400hp should be a cake walk Naturally aspirated. I'm just curious what a real world swap costs. I know there are K-members, oil pans, headers, etc. for the swap. I'm not sure if there's a way to still use my TR 3650 trans with the big block. I've upgrded to the Promotion Powertrain piece that will handle up to 750 lb/ft, so I'd really like to be able to keep it vs selling and swapping to a T56 or C6. The 8.8 has already been upgraded to 31 splines, the car has full length weld in sub frame connectors, aftermarket control arms, torque boxes welded. Supporting mods to handle hp, now just need to add the hp.

To sum it up, I know what it's gonna cost me to make 400+ rwhp with the 2v 4.6. Wanting to know what I should expect to have invested in a big block swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.