460 Ford Forum banner

my bbf new edge

12K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Gmsmkr 
#1 ·
URL=http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/Gmsmkr/media/1387559617_zpsa8f5d8a0.jpg.html]
[/URL]
Pic with a nitrous powered v6. Yes blown up and we just test fitting hood.

Transformation begins

Digital gauges I ordered from summit modified my factory cluster panel with fiberglass.

Fox body radiator molded into core support so it flush.

Aerospace manual brake set up.

Gauges wired up and working.

Fuel cell is in and mounted.

Started to build my drag wing it is bolted to the deck lid so I can cut the curve of it

Cage install and aluminum covering trunk.

This was done over a period of 2 months.

It now has long tube headers a tubular k member and a arms tubular rear uppers and lowers the rear end has been narrowed 2inches on each side. It sits on Greg weld signature pro stars with a 275\60 radial and is now geared 4.56 with a small shot of nitrous.

I am building a new aluminum headed 472 for it now. I will post those pics later.

See less See more
#3 ·
Olie I will get you some more detailed pics. The swap is very easy its all the wiring that makes it work that took the longest. I have power seats and windows also the biggest thing was wiring the passenger side blinker lol it ran to the computer its self.

My car cranks by the key switch in the steering column (no push button) this is a street car. I'm not crazy about a bunch of switches and stuff like that.

#6 ·
I built on of them mod motors a time or too my self I had a p1sc on a 2v it was cool but you just can't beat good old push rod motor...

The swap is easy just need to be able to wire. I gutted all the factory wiring out and wired what I needed to the factory fuse blocks.

I tell a lot of people its cammed and carbed 2valve cause it is its just not the 2valve they are thinking lol...

#10 ·
It took a min to do but wasn't to bad, the switches are great just not my style I don't mind a few don't get me wrong.

#9 ·
more pics

Looks stockish

A little better pic of inside

Dry mockup

My new build almost done need a few more things

I will get some engine bay pics this weekend for you guys!!!! It still has my iron headed engine in it.

#11 ·
You building your own eng? What components and HP target you going for.

#12 ·
Yes its no more difficult than a small block. You can do it also just take your time and ask all the questions you can. I started building 7-9k rpm imports THEN I grew up lol!!

Stock crank, H beam rods, solid roller street cam , forged slugs from Cars by Carl great guy to deal with by the way!!
I was looking for 550 usable HP have been told I will squash that with a reward of around 650-675 with a lowest of 600 HP.

Then once all said and done I'm going to hit it with a small amount of nitrous.

This is just a cheap motor build that will be a lot of fun!!!

#13 ·
more pics

Pics of engine bay I put some different nitrous solenoids on it just got to wire them up..

Fans mounted as pullers not pushers.

New parts I picked up last few days

#15 ·
Thanks for all the complements guys...... I'm going to get some better parts for the new build this was a true slap it in and see what it will do thing and I'm a true believer in a bbf I wish some body would have guided me down this path years ago.

Yes in need of a tranny bad!!! I will get with you on that for sure.

Made 2 passes in the 1/8 on this combo 1st was 106mph 2nd was 98mph with a 3.73 rear gear.
Both passes on motor. I changed to a 4.56 gear and hit over the head with 200shot and twisted the drive shaft then the tranny took a dump.

I will get it back together soon I hope...

#17 ·
Thanks big z sorry I missed your post haven't been searching on here much...

Yours is coming along also keep it up man!!

Well I had some family stuff come up and looks like I will be making this car a track only car so I will have a bunch of interior parts to get rid of....

#18 ·
Very nice build and similar to what I'm doing in my 03 mach1..... Can I ask how u wired the passenger blinker?? Lol . I'm n the same boat and wasn't sure how to go about that bc I also am leaving the ignition on the key by using the stock fuse box. I moved mine under the driver fender.

#19 ·
Its not wired into the body harness its wired direct by its self...call me and I can walk you through the factory plug schematics if you are going to keep them and make it plug and play..

#20 ·
downing it again with new build up pics.

I have started taking the car back apart now as of last night.. It will get some more cage and new seats and rear suspension with a mini tub and narrow front a arms I am also going to a switch panel to run acc. i am going with a after market steering shaft ... It will still have a tag and ins with stock type suspension to run a street class at the track.

I have decided to finish my 1967 mustang and put it on the street so the wife and kids can enjoy it with me. This is why I am making the new edge chassis a class type race car. I will post more pics as I progress further into the build. Thanks for all the feed back and hope you in joy the new build up of this car!

#21 ·

I will start adding more vage next week end and I will get pics of that as I go.

I got my steering shaft fitted to the factory joint I will mount it once my the cage is done engine bay is stripped I'm going to build my tubular lower core support this week and the bay will be complete.

Just some more parts I picked up for the up grade..

#22 ·

Slowly getting it back together!!!! Woo hoo

More parts!!

I need to add some braces to the cage, I need to get a seat to finish setting my steering shaft its just tacked up right now then I can start on the front and rear suspension.:D

#23 ·

Got a seat and built my own mounts so I could set it like I wanted also got my front coil overs from upr and the rear double adjustable anti roll bar parts are in the shop so I will get pics of them as I get time and pull them out of boxes.

Anybody got a good used 3 bolt hub style steering wheel they want to get rid of on the cheap I'm almost over budget on the chassis any help would be great.

#26 ·
its tore all the way back apart again I'm going full tube chassis with this car now....I picked up a 1985 t top mustang we have been working on going to try and have it up and running before we start back on the new edge car!!!! Est finish date on the t top car mid to late February.

#28 ·
thanks zimm

Well it's been a while and no big up dates other than we decided not to take it back apart just finish it up and get it back going for this year so it will be up and running the end of February. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Thanks for all the motivation guys it's been a real struggle for me to make decisions on this thing.

#29 ·

Just a up date on the chassis and motor

I got a 4150 Victor from butterbean and cut it and drilled it for a 4500 dominator that I got from sandviper also I just want to say thanks to these guys for excellent parts also got other parts from members on here and want to say thanks guys.

The chassis is almost done got to get some 90/10 struts for the front and some coil overs for the rear so it's getting closer to being done.

I want to thank all the guys on this forum for motivation on this car it has took me longer for this build than expected and am ready to finish it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.