460 Ford Forum banner

Carb ID?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mp40 
#1 ·
This carb is off of a 74 460 out of a Marquis. It has a cloth tag on it that is unreadable. I've only ever seen stamped metal tags. Did this one come from a rebuilder perhaps or did the factory use a cloth tag sometimes? Autolite 4300 or 4350? Any hints? Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!

I've worked on a lot of Fords over the years, re-built a lot of carbs. I've always used the metal tag attached to order specific parts, although it did not really matter. A such and such carb is a such and such carb. I have never seen a cloth tag on a carb before though, I'm sure the corporate knowledge here has some insight as to if this is common as I have never run into it before and I am curious!

#4 ·
Now, I've never seen anything like that on a any part for that matter. That is an unusual and obscure tag.

As a guess, perhaps that might be a prototype carburetor. Or at least a non standard carburetor....Or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.