460 Ford Forum banner

What's everyone workin on?

21K views 106 replies 31 participants last post by  575ciBronco 
#1 ·
What do you guys got tore apart right now? Lets see some pics!!

I am currently planning an engine of some sort, lots of decisions to make and money to scrounge up. My father in law picked up another '79 from a member on this site that he will be running this year. Should be a decent runner, a far better rig then what he was running. It has a 521 on n2o.

Attachments

See less See more
#39 ·
built a new powerplant, put in a d60 with chromoly axles and superjoints to cope with the new motor, also added five bolt hubs to try to lighten that heavy s.o.b up a bit, cut some weight out of the bed, front fenders, and hood. partially cut some tires but need to put the groover to them yet, not sure what the thing weighs but im sure its still heavier than i would like it to be.

Attachments

#40 ·
...put in a D60 with chromoly axles and super joints to cope with the new motor, also added five bolt hubs to try to lighten that heavy s.o.b up a bit.
Where did you source the 5 bolt Dana 60 hubs?

#44 ·
That's pretty cool there Mr.horsepower. I am Trying to do the same thing with my 85 full size. Leaf sprung D60 right now. With the 5 hole upgrade does the factory 5 hole wheel center fit that hub? And are you running front brakes, is so did the factory ones work out for you or do you need the ones that blackbird sells? Oh ya what did you get the radius arms from- they look factory under there.
Again, cool truck. Thanks, Derrick

#45 · (Edited)
That's pretty cool there Mr.horsepower. I am Trying to do the same thing with my 85 full size. Leaf sprung D60 right now. With the 5 hole upgrade does the factory 5 hole wheel center fit that hub? And are you running front brakes, is so did the factory ones work out for you or do you need the ones that blackbird sells? Oh ya what did you get the radius arms from- they look factory under there.
Again, cool truck. Thanks, Derrick[/QUOTE

thanks derrick, I run the wide 5 adapters on mine so they just fit that hub, you might have to have the center of the wheel machined some but im not sure how much, i can take a measurement tomarrow and tell you the actual diameter of it, and yes im running front brakes i bought the caliper bracket and rotors they sell then you just go to the parts store and get a caliper for a 3/4 ton chevy, and the radius arms are the superlifts i had from my ttb lift, i cut the ends off of a 79's arms and fabbed em together they turned out really nice, you will have to let us know how your swap turns out if thats the truck in the pic that thing is a beast!

Attachments

#47 ·
Right on thanks for the info!! I had no idea that the clamps were the same size from the 1/2 ton stuff to the d60. Must be just a different insert in there. As for that picture the truck was in its prime then, since sold the tires, lift, and engine over the last couple years. It was built at the tail end of the deep pits around here and wasn't made for speed. That's the way the majority is around here now so kinda starting from scratch to be able to compete.
D60's some 40inch implements and Some BBF horsepower should satisfy me for awhile!(a season or two anyway)
Derrick

#49 ·
The outlaw class is where I want to be when I finally get the engine I want. I don't have the copy of our current rules with the previous changes but I will probably start out in the 700 just based on the full gutting and non factory suspension. Or if I don't get any other rubber i will have to run the outlaw just cause of the ags. Hey I seen you sold the 532! You must be pretty stoked about that.
You don't have any complete radius arms hanging around do ya haha, trade you for a cab!

#50 ·
Still slaving away on the ol Ranger whenever I get a chance. I'm gaining tho another month or so and it should be race ready.

Derrick

Attachments

#67 ·
nice build Derrick, i just got done watching your vids.......your bronco is badass. I just recently put a 460 in my 94 bronco. Was starting to get a little burned out, but after watching your vids i think i'm going to wrench on it today.......

#54 ·
LOL I'm trying to get as much done as possible before I get all of your engine parts because I know I won't touch the ranger for awhile. I will be working on getting you race ready!!! ;)

Derrick

#56 ·
Derrick Sheane - I am pretty sure I know exactly where the radius arms are, but they are buried in the snow bank. What kinda cab ya got? I might be interested in a trade!!

Derrick Dredge - dude that thing is slick s**t!! I'm intersted to see how you did your doors, I want to do something similar to mine but am worried that they'll be too floppy lol

#59 ·
Derrick Dredge - dude that thing is slick s**t!! I'm intersted to see how you did your doors, I want to do something similar to mine but am worried that they'll be too floppy lol
Thanks Myron! I will try to remember and take some pics of the doors. They are a little floppy but not as bad as my hood it about takes two people to put it on! lol not because of weight but it just trys to bend in half and is hard to get lined up on the pins lol:D

Derrick

#61 ·
Someone needs a passenger, to help with the hood. Trade ya ride for ride.. lol get a 2nd seat in that thing...
LOL Jon there isn't really enough room for me let alone another seat and passenger! Kasey will have room though you can jump in with her when she beats you out! :eek::D

Derrick

#57 ·
Myron- it's that gutted cab with the doors laying inside of it. Already has the one cab corner welded on the other sitting there waiting for its turn. The cab is solid and it will give you some doors to play around with. When our days off line up again I will bring the shovel! Unless it stays +7c around here

#65 ·
'73 F350 SCS

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread. My truck is a 2wd hauler.

I'm desmogging a '73 F-350 super camper special right now. I'm putting some ported D0VE-C heads on with stock sized valves, roller tip rockers, pre '72 true roller timing set. I have a comp cams extreme 4x4 cam kit on its way. I'm going to top it off with a port matched streetmaster intake (may go with a wiend if I don't like the streetmaster) and a holley 750 double pumper with the choke horn milled off.

It's a bit of a hodge podge of parts, but I'm hoping to get a little more than the stock torque rating for this.

I don't care about the horsepower rating, that's just a number somebody who can do math gets from a torque. Who needs math when you have torque.

#72 ·
trying to figure out how to post some pics on here but until I do. We got ol' Blue running and ready but now working on a 68 f100 shortbed on a 79 1/2 ton frame with a 460. Its a bone stocker right at the moment but got another 460 on floor planning a rebuild. Working on wiring right now so we can get it to the track, maybe make up our mind on motor build so we can figure out gearing and suspension.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.