460 Ford Forum banner

Tuff Enuff's response to the "Street" Outlaws

7K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  BBFmavrick 
#1 ·
#2 ·
oh, the drama.......:rolleyes:

I really wish somebody would bring back Pinks or start a new show about actual racing instead of this reality show crap.

#11 ·
There's nothing real about reality TV.
The sooner the rest of the world realizes this the better. But it will never happen, and the networks continue making money because they know this.

I watch the show, enjoy it, it is entertaining and better than most of the crap on TV nowadays. Although, I would like to see them fess up to having "staged" test runs and permit streets for the actual racing.......there is no way they can hold the races on "in use" public streets/roads and not have conflict with the police....how else could they accommodate the film crews with all the lighting and such. Farmtruck has world wide following, what dork out there (that is a "car guy") doesn't know the truck and actually gets suckered into a race with him, yeah it's all real. LOL!
Do you really watch that show from the point of view of "oh this is real but it seems odd?!?!??" :rolleyes: Wake up.. seriously.. it's entertainment TV.. no more. Everyone out in the real world knows the answers to your points.. But since you choose to perpetuate the facade... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

#10 · (Edited)
I watch the show, enjoy it, it is entertaining and better than most of the crap on TV nowadays. Although, I would like to see them fess up to having "staged" test runs and permit streets for the actual racing.......there is no way they can hold the races on "in use" public streets/roads and not have conflict with the police....how else could they accommodate the film crews with all the lighting and such. Farmtruck has world wide following, what dork out there (that is a "car guy") doesn't know the truck and actually gets suckered into a race with him, yeah it's all real. LOL!

Now, here is some street racing. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kclrRTgXfrY

#14 ·
Watch it, like it, but we car enthusiasts don't really have a lot to chose from, do we?
Seems to be getting like all the rest of the shows of it's type. Bring in more and more of the fake drama b.s. with each show, and over the years becomes more entertainment than reality.

#16 · (Edited)
I DVR the show and fast forward to the race scenes. I can watch the whole show in about 7 minutes. I can't deal the the drama, hype and stupidity the rest of the show is compromised of. ...but the cars are cool.

I say bring back Pinks and Pass Time. Boy I miss those shows. :mad:
I went to Pinks All Out at Bandimere in 2010, and it was just mind blowing. Stands were packed, 25,000+ spectators with 475 cars registered and racing.

Pinks All out made a HUGE difference for the industry as a whole. Outlaws? Hero worship at best.

#17 ·
Pass time was cool. Pinks sucked. Bunch of cry baby's and sand baggers. Given car lengths at start line. That's not racing either. Race a guy loose give him 3 car lengths, then the same guy turns around and beats you by 2 lengths. All tv shows are fake. To me racing is run what you brung and hope you bring enough. Around my neck of the woods, everyone knows it's fake, but it has gotten lots of cars off jack stands and lots of people starting to build street and race cars. The machine shops around here have seen a big boost in business.

#21 ·
shutdown

Hey Richter done my heart good to see you get hold of Sonoma but would have more joyus to have put it on murder nova.My friend that works Kennedale Raceway said he talked to him about 5 minutes and had to walk away with him being so arrogant..on the other hand said Chief was a riot.U plan on going at em any time again or will they even talk to you with you being all ford...Bill

#22 ·
thunder valley is adding a prostreet class to psra this year, dave and most of the other streetoutlaw guys plan on runnin this event..... so i guess that will make them dumbass track racers as well.

im sure ill be bangin heads with them again

#25 ·
I really don't understand why we are bickering about the show being so fake. At least it's got gearheads and Fast cars in it. We will pay cable bill or $30 at a movie theater to watch a Movie that has so much fake sound effect and stunts, and then tell our friends what a great action film it was. Just watch it and enjoy.Geez :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.