460 Ford Forum banner

Vacuum pump?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BBFmavrick 
#1 ·
:confused: Ive got a BBF in a fox body drag car that can always create some type of oil leak no matter what i do. Im looking at investing in a vacuum pump and would like some feedback on the cheapest and easiest way to do so. Has anyone ever tried making an electric type pump work for this type of thing? Whats my best options and what do some of you suggest? Who makes a good pump kit electric or belt driven? Are they a lot of trouble? What are the cons and pros? Can I expect performance gains and will it help with my leak issues?

#2 ·
The vacuum pump they use on Pro Stockers is electric ... about $2000.00 a copy.

It would probably be best to fix the engine so the crankcase pressure is not so high.

#3 ·
like ^he^ said,fix the problem first.i've used an electric pump from a s-10.it's not for running long periods of time but works good on a race car.use a catch can between it and the v/c so oil dont get in it and see what kinda vac you pull with it.i used it a long time and beats the heck out of not having one.i get 7"with mine in my engine but some say 5"is all they could get.i just put a moroso belt drive on so i'll see soon how it works.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.