460 Ford Forum banner

Race Fuel???

10K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Mike Croley 
#1 ·
Can any one tell me what octane fuel to run with 14-1 comp? will C-12 work? Thanks,
Mike

#2 ·
C-12 is ok, but you would be better off with C-14 or C-23.

C-12 only has 108 octane which is going to keep you from detonation with that compression ratio, but C14 has 114 octane which will run better! C-23 is overkill with more than 120 octane, but it would be the best.

Overall... I would say to go with C14!

#4 ·
ROCKETT BRAND 114 RACE FUEL:D I saw first Hand on my engine with 10 hours of Dyno Time, Made more power over VP-C14, AND Torco 114, It ran cooler. for the Mud Thats what I use! Some pits are 4 to 5 feet deep and engines can get hot fast, stuck 4 feet deep with 7400 RPM'S trying to get another inch!

#5 ·
Wouldn't put Rocket Brand in my lawn mower... but I do use left over VP in it ;)

#12 ·
i figured,i'd get in on this conversation.what do you guy's think of 110 leaded racing gas from citgo, it's $5.99 a gallon.is it good enough for the weekend warrior's with 11:1 comp motors and a little nitrous?

Citgo 110 is an average 110 , though it IS leaded . It should work alright for you . Depends on the amount of nitrous and the engine specs as to whether or not it will work . If you have any doubts , you might want to look at Competition Race Fuels 110 ( formerly Torco ) . Its got the highest Motor Octane of any major 110 .

#8 ·
It will be ok for the most part... the only thing is sometimes the octane will vary a little and I think it is an unleaded fuel... For the most part you will be perfectly fine!

#10 · (Edited)
I can assure you that most of the new Stock Eliminator Cobra Jets are running Rocket Brand Fuel and making plenty of power:D

We run it in our 637 bbc and 16:1 compression. The carbs and intake are extremely clean after 1 season, unlike what we have seen with the VP.
;)

We have been using VP but they have lost there F__- ing minds with the price they CHARGE NOW! Its just the fact of Vp sticking it to you and me I not going to pay there price so the can pay money to those NHRA boys and them not provide any support back to our classes.:mad: I Used C12 FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS in a drag car and from then till now 2010 it is up over 60% And yeah you pay for what you get! Like George Lopez said ( IT'S DA SAME ****!) :D

and after all that Crap that Vp fuel leaves in the carb,tank and fuel pump. I still have not had that problem yet! Nothing against VP, I Used it and would use it again but there prices are outta this world!!!! and you have more of a selection with VP!!! Hands down But I am Supper happy with Rockett Brand!:D

#11 ·
Make dyno pulls on the engine and you will see the difference. Don't care what someone runs in bracket cars.... Dyno tells the tale! The additives in VP are sometimes a pain, but they are the difference maker! Trust me!

#13 ·
Lots of races are won every weekend by many different brands of race gas . It has a lot more to do with the car combination and the driver than what brand of fuel . But having said that , all race fuel manufacturers agree that the number you should pay attention to when choosing a race gas is the Motor Octane number . Not the only number to pay attention to , but the most important one . Look closely at the Motor Octane numbers for Competition Race Fuels ( formerly Torco ) and you'll notice they are as good , and frequently higher than any other race fuel brand .

#18 ·
How can you tell if you are too rich or lean with race fuel? I know to look at the plugs, but with race fuel the plugs always look grey. Some one had posted a thread about running av gas a while back on here, does any one know where to find it? I thought I remember hearing that you have to add something to it which it lacks? Lead additive? Thanks for any help
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.