460 Ford Forum banner

My big block fox build (lots of pics)

99K views 253 replies 55 participants last post by  Mike R 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello to all. Here is my build. I have an 1989 mustang coupe that I am stuffing a 500 plus ci BBF with a 2 speed power glide in it. Up on top of the motor will be TFS A460 heads and intake. Turning the wheels will be a 8.8 narrowed with 35 spline axles. I'm gonna break everything down into sections motor,trans,chassis etc. Pics will follow at the end. Thx for looking

motor

TFS A460 heads cnc'd 2.45in 1.88 ex
TFS intake new style ported to match heads
IDT ultra block
scat forged crank
eagle h-beam rods forged
crane cam .866in .858ex w/1.65
282 dur in, 304 dur ex.
comp cam solid roller lifters
1.7 jessel shaftmount rockers
jomar 1 inch spacer
quick fuel 1250 dominator
meizer water pump
ford racing valve covers
trend push rods
Danny bee belt drive

transmission

2 speed power glide
ultra bell
JW fly wheel
1.80 str cut gears
pro trans brake
deep aluminum pan
precision converter 4500 stall

chassis

front
1989 mustang coupe
tubular k-member
tubular a-arms
90/10 struts
coil over kit w/150 spring
flaming river must II rack
custom cc plates
4 core griffin radiator
drive shaft safety loop
6 inch harwood hood
rear
mini tubbed
8.8 rear narrowed and braced
moser 35 spline axles
mark william spool and yoke
aluminum rear cover
aero space brakes all 4 corners
Qa1 rear coil over kit single adj
parachute mount
fiberglass trunk

wheels and tires

weld magnum 2 piece rear 15x10 3in back space
M/T et drag 29.5x10.5 stiff on rear
weld magnum 1 piece front 15x3.5 2.25 back space
M/T et front 15x26

Fuel system

magna fuel pro star 500 w/filter
magna fuel 4 port regulator
5 gallon fuel cell
-12 line cell to pump
-10 line pump to regulator

Interior

stock dash gutted
8 panel painless wiring switch panel
detatchable steering wheel
10 pt mild steel cage certed to 2011
hurst shifter
electric shifter
summit ignition box and coil
racing seats
standard gauges

Well I beleive I covered almost every thing. Here are some pics

more coming

See less See more
Reactions: munnster460
#10 ·
Just to remind you about the lifter bore , Rodger @ Jon Kaase said with the better material on the block that the lifter seize up cause of lack of oil in the casting so they recomend bronze bushing. Don't want to see that happen to you & have to spend more to fix it. I have the Eliminator Block that good for 2500 + HP. I'm gong to twin 88 or 91 Turbos. I have the A-460 heads & 9.0-1 Diamond piston with JKR Turbo cam. But I like to sell the heads , piston & cam to Buy The BOSS 9 heads or BLUETHUNDER THOR GEN. 2 , to do something different.
Thanks & GOOD LUCK on the Build.

#16 ·
Hey gerry, I'll be too fast to hang out with denaro.

Hey bruno, I hope ur right, but for now I'll have to cross that bridge when and if I get to it. I'm really hoping I can be as fast as you and gerry:D

#23 ·
deliveredfast...the oil pan on your beast, is that the moroso eliminator pan? what for oil pump are you using? thanks Jason

#24 ·
Hey Jason, yes it is the moroso eliminator. I was trying to hide what I was using for my oil pump. It is hv melling. But I knew some of the guys would jump on me for not using the better kaase oil pump. I'll upgrade next year.

#27 ·
charles you dont need no stinking kaase pump a melling will be fine - i waisted 500 $ on the jeff johnson pump and its no better then a stock one

i dont want to start a pissin match with Gerry but i would definetly get a kaase pump .... my oil pressure has never been this rock solid before ...less money the the jeff johnson billet .... but worth every penny ...just my .02:)

btw the way yalls cars with the a-head deals should have me covered by 4-5 tenths on motor :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.