460 Ford Forum banner

Cheap bracket build!

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bigblockdan 
#1 ·
Been running fords forever starting with 289 then 460 429's now we run the 351 stroker stuff great little motors also! I am bilding a Front Motor Dragster to bracket race and honestly i want a 300 six just to be different? I have access to a 460 that i may use but it will use ALL the production parts all but the cam and intake the cam will be a comp cam 280 yea it's small maybe some roller rockers and a single plane intake! the idea is to shift around 5000 and go with about a 373 gear and a glide this is a bracket car! I will most likely go through the engine with new rod bolts and new pistons and stock oil pump and timing set! Best 460 I ever had was 60 over with cast pistons ran it for years shifting about5200 and paid for the Falcon it was in! anybody else run anything similar to this?

#2 ·
I had or have something like that in my 87 Mustang at 3200lbs and shifting at 5000 with a stock bottom end and heads just a cam and intake it did a best of 11.60

I slapped a set of heads on it this year and it picked up big time 1st run of the year it went 11.02 shifting at 5600, I backed it down a little for the class I run but I bet I could see 10:80's easy, and if I changed the converter I think much faster its real tight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.