460 Ford Forum banner

BBF Winter Tech Seminar Updates !!!

22K views 74 replies 30 participants last post by  c.evans 
#1 ·
http://www.429-460.com/events-f6/winter-tech-seminar-2010-t663.htm

Hey guys,

We'll try to do another Winter Tech Seminar. The tenative date is Saturday Jan. 16th, 2010

The tenative location will be at Rose Hulman University in Terre Haute, IN. We'll do it in conjunction with some engineering students from the university, and will be their quests on campus that day. I'm working on the host hotel being the Holiday Inn. For those of you who want to fly in, Craig Sullivan suggested the best way to do it was, to fly into Indianapolis and rent a car and drive one hour west of Indy on I-70 to Terre Haute.

The university and I have something very nice in store for our quest speakers, and the focus will be on hardcore racing and engine building. Dr. Allan White and the other mechanical engineering professors, are looking forward to having us. We need a big turn-out for this guys!

Charlie Evans

#12 ·
John,

I will talk to you about this over the weekend, I may take a ride with you.

Bobby

#8 ·
2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar. All gear heads and even non-gear heads are welcome!

As before, an all star group of guest speakers will be on hand to answer any and all questions before and after their presentation along with various vendor displays. I will video the tech seminar for those that can not make the trip; DVDs will be available ASAP. I’ll have other DVDs with me if you want to pick up a copy while you are there i.e. The previous tech seminars and BBF Bash DVDs.

I’ve created a spreadsheet in order to track the number of attendees. So this is what I need from you guys. If you will be attending the 2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar, please let me know your name, how many people will be attending in your group, including yourself. What’s your screen name and will you be paying at the Seminar or Pre-Register in advance. We need a fairly accurate number in order to guesstimate the number of folks that will be eating lunch in the cafeteria on Saturday.

Pre-Registration funds ($20 each person) can be sent to my paypal address or mailed to my home address. BE SURE to list in the subject line “2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar” or something like that because I’m also receiving funds for other items like the Chuckathon (Help Chuck rebuild his car). Speaking of the Chuckathon, some of you guys are donating parts to Chuck’s rebuild and you can bring them to the Tech Seminar if applicable, save on shipping etc…

Please contact me via e-mail or PM for My Paypal address and My home address

Quoted from Charlie on the BBF Forum…

Hey guys,

I spent the better part of the day Monday at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (aka University) firming up our plans. It will be Saturday Jan 16, 2010 and it starts at 8:00 central time/9:00 Eastern Time. This is a firm date! It will be held in Hatfield Hall, which is the first building on the right when you enter the main entrance to the campus. You will see signs directing you.

Terre Haute, IN is one hour west of Indy on I-70. There are two exits into town, exit 4 and exit 11. Take exit 11 on to state Hwy 46, and go north on it about 4 miles until it "T"s into U.S. Hwy 40. Turn right (east) on to U.S. Hwy 40 and go about one block and take the first driveway on your left, which is the main entrance to the campus. Look over to your right and go to that building which is Hatfield Hall. This auditorium seats about 1500 people.

For those of you flying in. Craig Sullivan suggested flying in to Weir-Cook Airport at Indy, which is on the west side of Indy, and then getting a rental car and driving one hour west to Terre Haute. That's probably the best suggestion, however do be advised that Terre Haute has a small airport, Hulman Field, and it does have commuter flights I think.

Meanwhile, back to exit 4. This is the exit where I-70 crosses U.S. Hwy 41. The Texas Roadhouse is at this exit and we will meet there Friday night for our get together meal, pretty much the same as last year. The Texas Roadhouse is at the corner of Margaret Ave. and U.S. Hwy 41, just right there at exit 4.

Darin Morgan has agreed to be one of our guest speakers and he will talk about cylinder heads. He has also said he'll have a new fully machined NHRA FORD Pro Stock head there on display.

I am still working on our host hotel and the special room rates.

We will have college engineering students from both Rose-Hulman and Indiana State University there in attendance with us hard core racers, so I'm asking that we be professional, which I know we will.

We're charging $20 per person this year, which I know is double what we charged last year, however we're are providing lunch, which will be there in the campus cafeteria. The meal will be smorgasbord style and you can choose whatever you want to eat. I ate lunch there Monday and they had very good food.

I would like for us to pre-register, (but I still need to set that up with President Damon Sea) in order to get a head count on how many people the food service will need to provide meals for.

Thanks,

Charlie Evans

#9 ·
Cars, college girls, big blocks, college girls, food, college girls, and engineering..........

PAYPAL SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 ·
Newbies to Engine Masters Challenge Builders to Pro Stock Engine Builders and everything in between. Don't feel intimidated, we are all one big family.

It's a Family Reunion type atmosphere, but actually FUN :p From Friday dinner to Sunday morning breakfast. You WON'T be disappointed :D

#17 ·
GUEST SPEAKERS ADDED !!!!!

"I have Jon Kaase (Kaase Racing) confirmed, Jeff Jones (Jones Engineering) confirmed, and Darin Morgan (Profiler) confirmed. I have asked some more speakers, such as Donald Bowles, Quick Fuel, and TCI, we just haven't confirmed with them yet."

Charlie

#22 ·
2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar. All gear heads and even non-gear heads are welcome!

As before, an all star group of guest speakers will be on hand to answer any and all questions before and after their presentation along with various vendor displays. I will video the tech seminar for those that can not make the trip; DVDs will be available ASAP. I’ll have other DVDs with me if you want to pick up a copy while you are there i.e. The previous tech seminars and BBF Bash DVDs.

I’ve created a spreadsheet in order to track the number of attendees. So this is what I need from you guys. If you will be attending the 2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar, please let me know your name, how many people will be attending in your group, including yourself. What’s your screen name and will you be paying at the Seminar or Pre-Register in advance. We need a fairly accurate number in order to guesstimate the number of folks that will be eating lunch in the cafeteria on Saturday.

Pre-Registration funds ($20 each person) can be sent to my paypal address or mailed to my home address. BE SURE to list in the subject line “2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar” or something like that because I’m also receiving funds for other items like the Chuckathon (Help Chuck rebuild his car). Speaking of the Chuckathon, some of you guys are donating parts to Chuck’s rebuild and you can bring them to the Tech Seminar if applicable, save on shipping etc…

Quoted from Charlie on the BBF Forum…

Hey guys,

I spent the better part of the day Monday at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (aka University) firming up our plans. It will be Saturday Jan 16, 2010 and it starts at 8:00 central time/9:00 Eastern Time. This is a firm date! It will be held in Hatfield Hall, which is the first building on the right when you enter the main entrance to the campus. You will see signs directing you.

Terre Haute, IN is one hour west of Indy on I-70. There are two exits into town, exit 4 and exit 11. Take exit 11 on to state Hwy 46, and go north on it about 4 miles until it "T"s into U.S. Hwy 40. Turn right (east) on to U.S. Hwy 40 and go about one block and take the first driveway on your left, which is the main entrance to the campus. Look over to your right and go to that building which is Hatfield Hall. This auditorium seats about 1500 people.

For those of you flying in. Craig Sullivan suggested flying in to Weir-Cook Airport at Indy, which is on the west side of Indy, and then getting a rental car and driving one hour west to Terre Haute. That's probably the best suggestion, however do be advised that Terre Haute has a small airport, Hulman Field, and it does have commuter flights I think.

Meanwhile, back to exit 4. This is the exit where I-70 crosses U.S. Hwy 41. The Texas Roadhouse is at this exit and we will meet there Friday night for our get together meal, pretty much the same as last year. The Texas Roadhouse is at the corner of Margaret Ave. and U.S. Hwy 41, just right there at exit 4.

Darin Morgan has agreed to be one of our guest speakers and he will talk about cylinder heads. He has also said he'll have a new fully machined NHRA FORD Pro Stock head there on display.

I am still working on our host hotel and the special room rates.

We will have college engineering students from both Rose-Hulman and Indiana State University there in attendance with us hard core racers, so I'm asking that we be professional, which I know we will.

We're charging $20 per person this year, which I know is double what we charged last year, however we're are providing lunch, which will be there in the campus cafeteria. The meal will be smorgasbord style and you can choose whatever you want to eat. I ate lunch there Monday and they had very good food.

I would like for us to pre-register, (but I still need to set that up with President Damon Sea) in order to get a head count on how many people the food service will need to provide meals for.

Thanks,

Charlie Evans

Okay guys,

It's a done deal! The host hotel is the DRURY INN at US Hwy 41 and the I-70 interchange. The special rate is $72.99 + tax and when you call the four important words to say are; TECH SEMINAR - ROSE HULMAN.

In addition other hotels are close by, and one of them sharing the same parking lot is the Peartree Inn. Also sharing the same parking lot area is the LoneStar Steak House, and 40 yards across Hwy. 41 is the Texs Roadhouse So you can have a prime rib and a few drinks on Saturday night, and then walk back to your room.

Drury Inn's local phone number is (812)238-1206

Bruno/Nevs/Damon, please post this up on the other sites

Thanks,
Charlie Evans

Thanks Charlie, Here's the address for the Rose- Hulman University (Seminar) guy's.
5500 Wabash Ave.
Terre Haute In. 47803 After you go to their web site you can scroll down the page it will give you a place to CLICK for travel directions.

#24 ·
Tech Seminar

I am particularly brain dead this afternoon- been a long hard slog this week. Just need some help figuring out where to send $'s for registration for the 16th. I just want to send a check thru USPS. Talk slow.. I'm having trouble today.
Thanks and good Holidays to all
Perry

#26 ·
I am particularly brain dead this afternoon- been a long hard slog this week. Just need some help figuring out where to send $'s for registration for the 16th. I just want to send a check thru USPS. Talk slow.. I'm having trouble today.
Thanks and good Holidays to all
Perry

Perry,

You can mail the registration funds to me along with your information and I'll add you to the list. I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks

#25 ·

We are planning a great event for Tech Seminar - Rose Hulman! Rooms have been held for our group at the Drury Inn Terre Haute.

To make reservations, please click on the link below.
http://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2078422

The hotel offers great amenities, such as:

*FREE! HOT! QUIKSTART (r) Breakfast- Enjoy scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, Belgian waffles & more!
*FREE! Evening Beverages and Snacks now served daily from 5:30-7:00pm
*FREE! High-Speed Internet Access in Every Room
*FREE! NEW! Free Long Distance - One Hour Every Room, Every Night!

Please make your reservations by Sunday, December 20, 2009 to receive our group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability.

Sincerely,

Mr. Charles D. Evans

#28 ·
JS racing.

I would like for you to go ahead and make the pre-registration with Damon, for those that you are sure of coming. If you have a couple of extra guys in your group, yes you can pay at the door.

I've explained this somewhere in the above posts, however the main reason for the pre-registration is because we are eating our noon meal there on campus, and we need a rough head count in order to let the food service people know how many people they are feeding.

I hope everyone understands.

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.