460 Ford Forum banner

Valley pans

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ole Red 70 
#1 ·
I can't seem to find anywhere that suggest I need a Valley pan for my 460 with Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake & Edelbrock performer Alum. Heads. Does any one know if I need one ? Any Help is Greatly Appreciated And Thanks.:confused:

#2 ·
Is the valley sealed? I think it is. A valley pan will keep the hot oil off of the intake, in your case I don't think that it matters. If you decide that you want to run one the Fel Pro # is: 90296. That one is the full width pan with the intake gaskets built on to it. They make an abbreviated version without the intake gaskets on it, but I can't find the one I have to give you a number at this time. If you use either one with a manifold that actually does all the valley sealing then you'll want to drill about a 1/2" hole in the lowest part for oil drain back. Hope that helps.
Rob

#3 ·
Hate 'em. Worthless IMHO on an aluminum intake because the intake will conduct heat from the heads/engine quick enough. If it's intake heat you are worried about and the intake uses an exhaust crossover passage under the carb, block the passage at the head ports with .015 stainless shim stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.