460 Ford Forum banner

460 Fox suspension question

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Cale Aronson 
#1 ·
I have come to the point where I need to start thinking about the suspension on my drag only 93GT Mustang. It has a mild 460 with a C6. The stock 8.8 is in place. I have searched the forums about spring, shocks and such. The only things I have already are Comp Engineering 90/10 struts and Hotchkis caster/camber plates. I have considered the Eilbach drag kits, Moroso spring kits, 4 cyl mustang springs, stock GT springs and coil over conversion kits. I am using the stock K-member for now with stock control arms. Any advise would be helpful as to which setup to go with. I have decided to go with the Comp Engineering adjustable rears unless someone has a better idea.

Thank you in advance for your help.

#2 ·
suspension

Tube k-member, a-arms with coil overs would be 1st, that will free up alot of weight on the front of car. Anti-roll bar and at least 31 spline axles with c-clip eleminators would be next.
I did this to my 1st race car and picked up 2 tens and 60's became alot more consistent.
Car ran 11.40s and after swap was 11.20's. 60's went from 1.52's to .48's.
Good luck

#3 ·
Tube k-member, a-arms with coil overs would be 1st, that will free up alot of weight on the front of car. Anti-roll bar and at least 31 spline axles with c-clip eleminators would be next.
I did this to my 1st race car and picked up 2 tens and 60's became alot more consistent.
Car ran 11.40s and after swap was 11.20's. 60's went from 1.52's to .48's.
Good luck
Hey wheels I still have that tunnel ram if you need it

#5 · (Edited)
Coil over spring rates

Ok. Thanks for the advise. I have decided on the UPR kit. Can you give me some direction on the spring rates for the front and rear coil overs. It is an iron headed 460, the interior is stripped and the battery has been relocated to the hatch. Competition Engineering 90/10 struts up front and Comp Eng adjustables in the rear.

Thank you.

I got in touch with UPR and they recommended the 14-175 springs.

#7 ·
Mark G...

I would be glad to help you out if you need it! Let me know!

Best way to reach me is the shop phone or email...

Cale@gofastquick.com
660-646-4553

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.