460 Ford Forum banner

Compression question

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kevin316 
#1 ·
I have ordered P51's (should be shipped Friday, thanks Jon and Cliff) and I am looking at a set of diamond pistons to go with them.

I think they are a -32 cc piston, I could be wrong on that but they show a 9.8:1 compression ratio with the P51's. My question is "do I have enough compression?"

It's a 521 stroker and I will be using a Victor intake I am shooting for about 650 hp.

#2 ·
give diamond pistons a call , they took an off the shelf flat top kaase p51 piston and machined them to suit my desired compression ratio .cost me an extra $38 to change the dish to suit
9.8:1 is a little low in my opinion
i got pistons , rings , pins , locks , and the dish machines for just under $1000

#5 ·
i got pistons , rings , pins , locks , and the dish machines for just under $1000
Without knowing anything about the details of your engine combination, I can say with complete certainty that....you should have called a dealer instead of ordering direct from the manufacturer.

;)

#4 ·
I have ordered P51's...and I am looking at a set of diamond pistons to go with them. I think they are a -32 cc piston...they show a 9.8:1 compression ratio with the P51's. My question is "do I have enough compression?"

It's a 521 stroker and I will be using a Victor intake I am shooting for about 650 hp.
Without knowing anything about the details of your 521 engine combination, I can say with complete certainty that 650 hp is eeeeeasily attainable from a 10:1 (+/-) 521 with those heads.

Paul

#8 ·
I didn't know anyone sold them. I thought they were only direct from Kasse.

I do understand the comment about buying from a dealer, it supports the guys that are in business selling vehicle parts. Most manufacturers don't sell them any cheaper than a dealer simply because no one would carry them if they couldn't match the manufacturers price. Quite ofter you can get them cheaper from a dealer.

Point taken.

I have a new engine builder so I just wanted to double check with the crowd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.