460 Ford Forum banner

Need a 6" lift for a 77 4x4

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  hdandford 
#1 ·
Looking for a lift for a 77 ford f150.. I see alot of "kits" ranging in price from a few hundred to a cpl thousand. Im just wanting to run some 12.50's, use it to play in the mud a little and its a daily driver. Any suggestions?

#6 · (Edited)
Not a tough math problem, 36 inch tires fit fine with a 4 inch in all but the most severe rock crawling

- 4 inch lift front springs from any company, I have used both Tough Country and Skyjacker Softride, I like the Softride better, not as stiff, let the shock control the axle not the spring

- A way to get caster back. With a 4 inch, you can use 4 degree C-bushings to roll the axle back, more than that you need to lower the rear mount of the radius arms.

- Track arm drop bracket, or adjustable track bar. I made my own because I wanted it centered exactly

- Drop pitman arm, not required, but it lets the center link live a much happier life

- Shocks to match lift, Tough Country makes a good inexpensive set of gas shocks

That's it up front

Then if you are happy with your rear springs, swap the stock blocks for 4 inch F250 blocks, or get an add a leaf to get you where you need to be. If your springs are shot, go with a local spring shop to match the rear to the front, it's cheaper than buying a full lift spring set.

That's about it. Pretty cheap in the long run

Here is mine with 33's, I ran 35 inch Mud Terrains, 35 inch Gumbo Mudders and 36 inch Swampers on it over the years. I have done the same with our 76 with a 390, a customers 78 with a 400, and a couple of Broncos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.