460 Ford Forum banner

Anyone racing in Martin MI this weekend?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  stingjra 
#1 ·
Anyone going to the division 5 bracket finals in Martin this sat? I'll be there with the Mav, stop by and say hi if anyone's going.

#2 ·
YA, kinda late response. I've raced there before, nice track, eh ?
How'd your team do ?
Our local track hasnt been sanctioned by anyone in years, consequently none of us has that opportunity anymore. Could get into their points, but, it's a 3 hour drive south of here. In the "old" days, would go to Indy with NHRA, and Norwalk with IHRA.

#4 ·
You have the BBF dragster from Grand Bend? Thats was a nice ride! I didn't do for **** on Saturday, .001 red first round. :( but went a few rounds in the gamblers races. Ran my best et ever, 9.02@148 with a 1.25 60ft. Car was hooking hard left, when I left as hard as I wanted too, so I turned the 2step down a bit and it was ok. Very nice track, and great air too. I was racing for team WIR and we beat 131 by 2 points. It was fun.

#5 ·
Yes we are from Grand Bend. In our first run in the Summit Series run off my son heard noise in the motor. So after getting dragster back to the pits had alot of barking up through the carb. I took a picture of the valve and looks like we got likely on the shut down. New motor this year not sure why the valve went south. So loaded up the dragster and he ran a buddies pull truck in street class and made it to the semi's. Glad to hear your track won maybe next year we can come down with a full team and give you a run.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.