460 Ford Forum banner

Ford 460 BB vs. Chevy BB 454 WINNER BB 460

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  73 Mark IV Hot Rod 
#1 ·
8) Just for fun I down loaded Comp Cams Cam Quest 6
ran my engine stats and put in the cam i have from them they say with my stock manifolds and flow master mufflers I will generate 397.9 Hp @ 5k
479.7 Torque. with 9.5:1 Compression. Now my HP and torque increase dramatically if i go with large chamber headers and regular exhaust no cats. Sounds about right. i'll be switching to headers over the summer!!!
I had some fun tonight on it and ran some sims.
a S0lid Roller 460 with a 13:1 compression, High rise Single plane intake, fully ported heads and largest valves available, open large port headers and an 1150 Carb the Comp Cam 296BR_8 will create peak HP 885 @ 7k
and 759.4 Peak torque @ 5500. 3000+ stall
Not to shabby for a standard bore 460.
the Chevy 454 exact same configuration max HP 849.5 same RPM as 460 and only 728.6 pounds of torque.
winner hands down the 460. Numbers don't lie.
The need for a Ford BB Magazine is in need IMO 8)
Just thought i share some fun tinkering with you all.
By the way the download of the program is free, if you all haven't downloaded it yet.
Bud V

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't believe there isn't a BBF magazine out there, I started a post last week asking about it. Thank god for this site.

#3 ·
Sweeet! Just had to print out this post, 73 mark, for my cheby buddys.
x2 on the Ford Mag, I'm getting so sick of cheby mags I don't even buy mags anymore. Just stay 'glued' to this site.
Thanks Chilly and all the rest of the great guys on this site.

GT300TD

#6 ·
8) No et's, if you need ET's go to www.wallaceracing.com
I think Cam Quest 6 is set for only at the Crank Horsepower.
Weight of the car was 3500 pounds.
GT300TD my Buddies at work still argued that the Chevy was cheaper to build, I said sure for after market stuff but, a BB Ford requires less build money in reality. because BB Ford stock parts can handle more horse power than a chevy anyday IMO.
Oh, an honestly with all that is posted on this site the potential for a BBF magazine is only a monetary blocker because it takes start up money to create a magazine, writers, mostly all you guys would be freelancing, and an editor, you guys already take some great photos of your engines cars and trucks. It would also need a swimsuit calender 8) but for now this site works great.
Bud V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.