460 Ford Forum banner

3/8 16 Tap??

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Fairlanes4ever 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of installing the Strange front disk brake kit that I got for my 1993 notch back. The instructions say to tap two 3/8 16 holes in the spindles. My question is what size drill bit do I use to pre-drill these holes before I tap them?? I'm going to try to Google it. Let me know please... I'm hung up on this and I don't want to attempt it until I know I have it right.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I'm guessing that you are referring to the oil for the tap? If so I already have a bottle of that. I inherited a large stock pile of taps and other small machine tools when a friends father died. He was a maintenance guy that worked on the assembly line at our local Ford Truck Plant in Louisville KY. It was a nice gesture because my buddy was never going to use that stuff. He can barely swing a hammer. There were probably 200 taps in all. I do appreciate the reply.

#5 ·
Big time pet pevee for me. Drives me nut when people use a tap without cutting oil. Then they bring me the broken tap to warranty and I get to tell them if don't know how to use a tool properly you shouldn't use it at all.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.